Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] No audio devices available in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an HTPC running Kodi Krypton on Ubuntu server 17.10, the hardware is an AMD 5350 APU in an MSI AM1i motherboard. Install was smooth as can be but I have no audio at all. In settings > system > audio there are no devices available. It is connected directly to my TV via HDMI so I want the audio out over HDMI. In the log (https://pastebin.com/7WKw1jik) you can see that it tries to use pulse audio, even though I have it completely uninstalled. My plan is to downgrade to Ubuntu server 16.04.3 because this same system was working with that version and Kodi Krypton but I also remember doing some work with audio there too so I may still have the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking there are some drivers missing for my hardware but I'm not sure.
That isn't a debug log, so tells us damn all.
What log file would be more helpful?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Make sure the user starting kodi is member of audio and video group.
So I've got the logs uploaded:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26329088/

Looks like neither pulse audio nor alsa can find any audio devices
(2018-01-05, 23:09)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the user starting kodi is member of audio and video group.

This was the issue. Don't know how I missed setting it when I created the user. Thanks