Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Kodi 17 on Libreelec 8.2.2 on an htpc.

All my sources for tv, music and movies are stored on my kitchen pc (running Linux fedora) and are shared on the network via nfs.

If the kitchen pc locks up for any reason then this freezes the htpc. Just done it to me now ... Was playing music and hit stop and the htpc freezes .... and I know the kitchen pc has just locked up for some unknown reason.

If I am trying to boot up the htpc and the kitchen pc isn't well for some reason then Kodi will not boot. I assume waiting forever to connect to the nfs shares. It gets to the Kodi splash screen and just sits there.

Is there no timeout for nfs shares to connect?

I assume this is more of a Kodi issue vs Libreelec but if you guys n gals feel it's a Libreelec issue I will post on their forum.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-01-06, 00:04)duncang92 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Kodi 17 on Libreelec 8.2.2 on an htpc.

All my sources for tv, music and movies are stored on my kitchen pc (running Linux fedora) and are shared on the network via nfs.

If the kitchen pc locks up for any reason then this freezes the htpc. Just done it to me now ... Was playing music and hit stop and the htpc freezes .... and I know the kitchen pc has just locked up for some unknown reason.

If I am trying to boot up the htpc and the kitchen pc isn't well for some reason then Kodi will not boot. I assume waiting forever to connect to the nfs shares. It gets to the Kodi splash screen and just sits there.

Is there no timeout for nfs shares to connect?

I assume this is more of a Kodi issue vs Libreelec but if you guys n gals feel it's a Libreelec issue I will post on their forum.
This is how NFS works when mounted as a hard mount. It is designed to block until the server responds. https://serverfault.com/questions/9499/w...ts-in-unix

How have you mounted the NFS shares on the client PC? Can you change them to soft mounts? That will allow for timeouts.
you can mount the NFS shares like this to get around the blocking:
Code:
srv:/media/wd-usb/TV        /mnt/srv/TV               nfs4    noauto,x-systemd.automount,noatime,_netdev,user=wsnipex 0   0