Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Helper Service Widgets Update 1.0.37
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Skin Helper Widgets 1.0.38 is here.  Check out the change log

Change Log (1.0.38):
  • Overhauled Similar Media & Recommended Media to take advantage of the experimental recommendation system (setting must be enabled)
    • Similar Media gets a recently watched item, then finds all similar movies AND tv shows.  For example, if you watch a movie drama, you might see tv dramas in the list now (although they generally show up lower in the list)
    • Recommended Media returns a list that contains unwatched movies and tv shows that are most similar to all recently watched movies and tv shows
  • New Playlist widget that lets you pick a playlist, then displays it with items sorted by their recommendation score.  Uses the item limit for widgets. Available for movies & tvshows
  • New Mixed Playlist widget that lets you pick a movie playlist and a tvshow playlist, then displays them together with items sorted by their recommendation score.  Uses the item limit for widgets. Available under Mixed Media
  • Tweaked similarity and recommendation score calculations
  • General improvements to caching for similar, recommended & playlist widgets
Note: the new mixed media recommendations currently require consistent genres between movies and tv shows.  If anyone provides me with a list mapping TVDb genres into equivalent TheMovieDB genres, I can fix this in the next version.

Updated Jan. 10
----

Hey everybody, I wanted to let you know the new version of Skin Helper Service Widgets (1.0.37) is in the beta repo.  While Marcel has been busy, he's given me permission to continue development and push updates as needed.  Since there are a few new features I've been working on, I wanted to post a change log and ask that anyone using the new beta version of Skin Helper Service Widgets with Titan post their feedback / bug reports here.

Change Log (1.0.37):
  • Similar widgets on homescreen will only choose from the last x recently watched titles, rather than any watched title. Configurable in settings (default=8).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Added a setting for hiding watched items in similar widgets on homescreen (default=enabled).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Completely changed the way similar movies are calculated. Every movie now gets a "similarity score" (0-100%), with contributions from genres, directors, writers, cast, rating, year, MPAA rating, and movie set
  • Also changes the way similar tv shows are calculated. Contributions are from genres, studio, cast, rating, year, and TV rating.
  • Adds new behavior for Recommended Movies/Tv Shows that can be turned on in settings. It finds all unwatched titles that are most similar to the last x recently watched titles (uses same setting as above). May run slower, so it's off by default
  • Fixes issue where similar movies/shows showed result for wrong title

These changes have been useful for me, and I've found that similar/recommended movies actually provide better results than what Netflix or TheMovieDB offer.  However, my library has a huge number of genres (250+) since I scrape them directly from DVD Netflix (here's my Python scraper if you're interested), so any feedback or suggestions on improving the similarity system for a typical TMDb/TVDB-scraped library is welcome.
Awesome, glad to hear work is happening on it. 

I'm not sure about the environment, so I didn't spend a ton of time debugging it while people around the house are watching TV, but feel free to reach out to me for more info and I'll look into it more when people aren't using the TV.
Thanks for posting the log.  It looks like the bug might be coming from the Metadata and Artwork module, which just had a version bump about 4 hours before your post.  Unfortunately the debug log doesn't list the version of that module; did you update any addons from the beta repo within 4 hours of your post?
Peace,

I am unable to install the latest update.  There is an skin service error after installing. After I update all, it appears to download and then resets to update available.  It's doing this on the metadata artwork update and this one.  Also images for widgets are now missing.  I was unable restore to normal from backup.

Thanks

T
I'm having issues trying to update metadata and artwork module as well.  I'll have to see if I can manually update it.
Okay, manually fetching https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.19.zip from the repo and installing fixed all.  It looks like github is being ornery, because kodi was unhappy and didn't want to connect to the repo in general (even to browse, much less update).
Marcel updated the whole repository. 
Maybe we need a new version of this and "repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip" is outdated ?
I contemplated that same thing, the repo didn't look inherently different, and the xml file still looked like it should be correct, but ya know, I'm no pro on how Kodi's accessing things etc, so maybe I'm missing something obvious.
(2018-01-08, 07:01)kingpin2k Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, manually fetching https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.19.zip from the repo and installing fixed all.  It looks like github is being ornery, because kodi was unhappy and didn't want to connect to the repo in general (even to browse, much less update).
Thanks, 
This worked for meta update but skin service error and update is the same.  Is there a way to manual update skin service?

edit
I was able to update skin service but it doesn't work after update.  The ability to select images for widgets is still missing.
The beta repo is borked. Kodi can't access it, so nothing gets updated in the meantime.

I'll take a look at the structure if I have time later today
I'm getting issues with the repository update now as well.  Just manually install script.module.metadatautils-1.0.017.zip from the repository, and turn off auto-updates until this problem gets resolved.
Patrick
Add checksum file if you have right to add on his github
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...ns.xml.md5
You're right, the checksum files do appear to be empty.  I just remade the main addons.xml.md5 and added it, but all of the others md5 checksums generated by the new update-directory-structure.sh are still blank.  The repo should be in a working state now, but I'm not sure about the Metadatutils module yet
tnx...working for me

Just pushed 1.0.38, see the top post for the changelog
Pages: 1 2