Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Native mp4 metadata scraping for music video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone interested in having Kodi scan mp4 tags or mkv tags on music video might want to install latest Leia nightly and follow this thread:
192982 (thread)

spiff is doing the work and has merged in a couple of PRs on this, but his focus has been on movies.  I asked for a couple MV-related tags to be read.  If there's interest you might want to #metoo on that thread (nicely of course).

scott s.
Thanks. This is a nice update.

Is there any info on what tags are supported in Kodi Leia please? EDIT: I found a list in the thread linked above.

What about TMDB ID? Concerts releases will have info online which could be linked via TMDB. Any thoughts?
Yep PR:13332 should be in tonights nightly, I will get updating the wiki as well if it works.

What programs are people using to tag? Spiff recommends this which seems to work using the mp4tag.exe bin file.

https://www.bento4.com/downloads/

Looking at the code, it appears to support Artist, Album and Track name. That should be enough for the scraper to do its work!
Musicbrainz Picard and MediaMonkey4 are a couple of programs which tag mp4 with music-related data.  Keep in mind Kodi video database only supports a subset of the Apple/iTunes defined music tags for music video content, though full tagging might help in managing Music Video outside of Kodi.

scott s.