Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.6 - issue with tv show nfo's being ignored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using Kodi 17.6.  I have a bunch of short films that I want to keep together so thought I would add them as a custom TV show using nfo's.  These shorts are not available on any internet database that the scrappers can find.  Here is the folder format:

TV Shows
-->Lost Art Films
---->tvshow.nfo
---->Acid.Spiders.mp4
---->Acid.Spiders.nfo
---->Acid.Spiders.tbn
---->Budget.Cuts.mp4
---->Budget.Cuts.nfo
---->Budget.Cuts.tbn

etc. (12 shows in all).

Kodi reads the tvshow.nfo file fine and displays the information I have inputted.  The thumbnails display fine.  However the individual episode nfo's are ignored.  When I refresh the information for all episodes Kodi says 'No information found!'.  They show in the Library but not under TV Shows on the main screen.

Below is the contents of Acid.Spiders.nfo:

<episodedetails>
  <title>Acid Spiders</title>
  <showtitle>Lost Art Films</showtitle>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <plot>Acid Spiders</plot>
</episodedetails>

Can someone see what I may have done wrong, or what I might have missed?

thanks

jcrow
You might try naming the episodes with one of the regular naming conventions (like S01E01.Acid.Spiders.mp4) and then rename the nfo file to match.  I do something similar for the local and national news that I record, and that always gets scraped.  I don't think I've ever tried using nfo files with file names that weren't already scraper friendly.
Yes, the shows must still use the Kodi naming convention, even if you are using nfo files. Kodi needs to know where that episode belongs - S01E01 etc... after all you are using TV shows, and each episode is numbered.

Of course we are only guessing this is the problem as you haven't supplied your naming convention or debug log (wiki)

Read Requirements here... http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows