Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 17.6] Loading and freeze from time to time (1080p movies)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Recently I downloaded movies in 1080p, usually I do not take movies with this format. Too long to download with my connection.

I encounter loads from time to time while watching. Sometimes the image freeze a few moments.

I installed Kodi version 17.6 yesterday and I often encountered the problem. I do not have any problems with normal movies (SD).

I see another person seems to have the same problems.

[KODI 17 Krypton] video freezing on Kodi 17.6 vs. Kodi 16

If you have any ideas...

Thank you
Downloaded how, from where? What format are they in?

A debug log (wiki) of such an issue would perhaps help.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Here is the link for the logs: https://pastebin.com/GqxVCdGC

MKV format.
There's a massive amount of connection errors in there, both to your internal server and to tmdb.com . It may be worth cleaning up the library and making sure everything is connecting as it should.

After that a nice clean log with debug logging enabled (it isn't in that log) and library update on startup disabled might show things a bit more clearly. Just a restart and play of a problem mkv, to keep the log short and focused.
Hello,

Yesterday I decided to connect my raspberry with a long ethernet cable.

No problem with a 1080p movie in MKV format.

The problem comes from the wifi. Insufficient flow.
Hello,

I can not connect my raspberry pi 3 to ethernet here.

So I tried to understand why the image freezes and loads from time to time in wifi. When I put my wifi router and my raspberry side by side the problem persists. The raspberry pi 3 is compatible with 802.11n and my router too.

Near the router, I am theoretically at a rate of 70 mbps.

I will have to have enough speed to send the data in 1080p wifi without experiencing slowdowns, loads ...

Do you have an idea ? (I can not ethernet my raspberry here)