Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC unable to watch active recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Mr. TheClown, 

Basically when I request the stream for an active recording, kodi waits, then times out.  I can't glean anything interesting from the logs.  The shared folders are visible on the client and I can see that temp remux files are getting written to the correct location.  I tried on multiple channels just to prove that the recorded files were valid.  This had been working fine for years.  The only thing I can think that changed was a recent Win10 updates that fubar'd my WMC install.   I cannot be sure that active recording remuxing has been working since I reinstalled WMC, but I don't see how that could cause this.

I am not sure where else to look.  Any help is much appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/3Dpk657Y

-Rob
Hi.  All I can see in the log you posted is that serverwmc is not finding valid video data in the active recording, and therefore it gives up on the remux.  This doesn't make sense if you can still watch live-tv and passive recorded tv.  Can you?
It turns out as you guessed.  When the active recording finished, it would not play.  I am not sure what happened, but it seems like WMC was in a weird state after the recording had started and that ended up corrupting the video.  I had tried a few different experiments while I waited for the recording to finish and got the same failed results.  There was a WMC pop up warning me of a windows update that needed to be applied.  Hard to say if that was related, but after I closed that pop up, WMC started working as expected.  All very odd.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

-Rob