Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Build kodi with ffmpeg binaries and libx264 support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far I've been able to successfully build and run kodi 18 from current sources on my system, a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.3. However, I noticed the built does not produce any ffmpeg binaries (e.g. ffmpeg or ffprobe) and does not include libx264 support.

I need the ffmpeg binaries with libx264 support for a private addon that autoconverts my vdr recordings into mp4 files and would like to leverage the sources that kodi installs.
I found a way (post-built) using autobuild.sh in tools/depends/target/ffmpeg that generates a ffmpeg source directory to which - after installation of libx264-dev - I can apply my extended configure command and make to finally produce the matching ffmpeg binaries to the kodi sources.

Yet, I was wondering if there is an easier way to have the kodi build process generate those binaries with included libx264 support in one run. I am getting compile errors related to unspecified references when re-builing kodi using external ffmpeg (built as indicated above).
change the configure params in tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/CMakeLists.txt
Great. Thanks! Will try that asap.

Update: Worked perfectly!