Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Randomised smart playlist over UPNP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've set up a smart playlist (set to play one TV show in random order) on my host Kodi device and linked it to a second Kodi device. I can see the playlist on the second device, however all the episodes are in normal order (even though when I view the same playlist on the host device it is random) and when I click to play anything, the video just doesn't play.

I can play stuff normally over UPNP on Kodi, but the smart playlist isn't playing.

Anyone know why it's not showing in random order or playing? If not is there a better way to have a randomised playlist of a TV show over UPNP?
The lack of random ordering is a known bug, fixed for v18 in API version 8.4.1 onwards - see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324598

I don't know why is does not play. I suggest that you post a debug log of what happens when you try to play this smartplaylist and perhaps someone else will be able to help.