Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Removable SDD drive as media source only for one content type?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Removable SDD drive (USB connected) works perfectly on my test version (20180107). Big thanks for this fix Kodi Team!

I have one question on this subject. Is it intended that the whole removable drive is only available as a media source for one content type? As the drive is automatically added as a source, I can only choose one content type for the whole drive, e. g. Movies. I am not able to select one directory on the drive as Movies and another directory as TV shows.

Is this intended and should I create separated partitions on the drive for various content types or is / will there be some other option?

THX
On other devices you can set the content at a folder level via the context menu for the folder when viewed in the video> files view.

Can you do something similar on your setup? (I don't have an Xbox myself to try it).
(2018-01-08, 23:01)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]On other devices you can set the content at a folder level via the context menu for the folder when viewed in the video> files view.
 Great! You are right there is such option. I will test it and report later whether everything works like expected. Thanks a lot.
Removable drives in Kodi on XBOX must work in the same manner as on other devices. There is no special cases.
Thanks guys. It works perfectly.