Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library configuration on NAS QNAP with KODI 17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a NAS model QNAP TS-453Bmini with KODI 17.6. On the NAS I have a file folder called "Multimedia" in which I have several videos.

I am trying to generate the library but I can't. I currently have this screen:

When entering Enter files section, the Multimedia folder appears, but it only allows me to browse through the contents and execute them, but it does not give me the option to select the folder as the library source.

On the other hand, in the Videos section, the Multimedia folder appears again. But I also do not see how to create the library from it.

Finally, entering in the Files category of the previous image ...

I try to add videos (Add videos ...) and then select the Browse option I give with the following screen where I do not know where to select the "Multimedia" videos folder

Definetly, I can't generate the content library. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm not using the right options. Some help?

Thank you very much in advance.
In that last picture did you try Home Folder or Root Filesystem?  One of those might get you to the right place on the NAS.
Why not create subfolders in the Multimedia folder for different video types, for example a create Multimedia -> Movies folder, you would then be able to go into Multimedia select Movies folder open Context menu then do Set Content on it in order to add Movies to the Library.
Thanks jjd-uk! I have just solved my problem. I'll do it as you explain. Thanks again!
You could also do Set Content on the Multimedia folder if it only contains Movies for example, but if there could potentially be a mix of Movies and TV Shows then best to start out in an organised manner by creating subfolders for Movies and TV so you can do the Set Content for the appropriate type of video file.
Please share the solution? i have the same problem, thx
Hi, from where U get 17.6 qpkg?  Cud U share it to me?