Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Sony Bravia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Newbie here, so I have run a Mede8er on my TV's for the last 10 years, and was happy with that so never looked for anything else, unfortunately the support has dropped off, after searching online i came across Kodi. Used to have the Mede8er plugged into TV and a hardrive plugged into Mede8er.

Downloaded Kodi on my Sony TV from the Play Store App on the TV, linked up my external hardrive (externally powered) to my tv direct through usb, started adding set content to videos, day 1 added movies, day 2 added series, noticed on Day 2 that the movies would not play from the movie folder, they played the day before. The metadata comes up but Kodi says the file no longer exists would i like to remove it from the library. But if i go through files while on Kodi, it plays the movie. What am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated, I did try searching.

I am just using Kodi to play movies i have on my external hardrive, not for streaming yet. Is that the best set up, to go direct to TV as well? 

Thanks.
Make sure the external hdd partition has a label name, otherwise Linux (or whatever OS your Sony TV is running) may create random names for it.
Otherwise, provide a debug log (wiki) file for some more internal details.
most likely your TV changed the path to your drive. A simple reebot of TV will solve that till the next time.
If you want to check if that's the issue install some file manager (x-plore) and check your hard drive name, you will have something like 37854GH53DST (numbers and capitals) and then check again when kodi tells you that file is not available. If you some some lovercase in front, so x37854GH53DST than that's your problem. That's something that happens to everyone but I have no idea why. At some point that was happening a few times per day and than it stopped. I really can't remember when that happend for the last time.
I have a Sony Bravia TV, and had lots of issues with Kodi android.  I found the TV underpowered and had loads of issues accessing files in my library, losing connectinons to the files on my server etc which just made it very frustrating to use.

Ended up ditching the Kodi app and using a Intel Compute stick which runs Kodi on Windows, works perfectly now.   YMMV
(2018-01-10, 10:35)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the external hdd partition has a label name, otherwise Linux (or whatever OS your Sony TV is running) may create random names for it.
Otherwise, provide a debug log (wiki) file for some more internal details.
 Thanks, I will check tonight, do not think I have a label name.
(2018-01-10, 11:21)jools5000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Sony Bravia TV, and had lots of issues with Kodi android.  I found the TV underpowered and had loads of issues accessing files in my library, losing connectinons to the files on my server etc which just made it very frustrating to use.

Ended up ditching the Kodi app and using a Intel Compute stick which runs Kodi on Windows, works perfectly now.   YMMV
 So, would the TV being under powered affect quality of videos as well? Would i be better running Kodi of my xbox one?
UPDATE - So when i set content initially I did that for about 500 movies, last night i thought i would redo the whole thing again, so went to clean library, this cleaned up and removed missing files, when i went back to movies, it still had 270 odd movies, that played form movies, so I a bit confused, some movies obviously uploaded/set content correctly from my initial scan, but some did not...Any ideas?
Make sure your movies are correctly named... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
Not really but it was a while ago I was using it.  I'm not sure how it would cope now I've transcoded everything into HEVC
(2018-01-10, 11:21)jools5000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Sony Bravia TV, and had lots of issues with Kodi android.  I found the TV underpowered 
Yes, same here, my Sony Bravia x9300 didnt have enough grunt to run KODI.
BS. Apart from broken DTS passthrough, it works just fine.
Agree. Using Kodi 18 alpha and I'm satisfied with that.