Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4K Movie Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst I don't have many 4K movies in my current library (3 I think), I did recently create a playlist specially for 4K movies only which I could then easily refer too as my library for this content grows. The problem is I'm not getting any of my current 4K movies appearing in this playlist and couldn't really understand why. I've tried setting rules for a resolution equal to '2160" and also for anything greater than '1080', but still nothing appearing. When I play these movies in Kodi, it shows the resolution as '2160', so it's even more baffling why I don't seem to be able to create a simple playlist for 4K movies.

Any ideas?......
I just added a bunch of 4k movies and I have the same issue with the "videoresolution" filter not working. It works for under 1080 and I get 720p and lower, works for IS 1080 but IS 2160 or greater than 1080 does not work. This is Kodi 17.6.

Thanks!
I can't remember if I was using Kodi 17 at the time when I created the original post. 
I'm now on Kodi 18.4 and can confirm my 4K playlist works fine on this version.
Just checked it and is set for anything greater than 1080.
If you are experiencing problems using Kodi 17.6, then maybe it's an issue with that edition.
Perhaps it's time to upgrade to Kodi 18, unless you have any reason for not doing so?
4K (and 8K for that matter) was added for v18.