Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Special Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Glad to hear it!
Hey. I'm getting an error when I try to scan the library for extras. Running RC5 on Windows.

Log:
Quote:16:38:34.793 T:9972   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=all
16:38:34.796 T:12468   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=all) failed
16:38:47.763 T:6944   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x91 in position 148: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                r.updateDB()
                                              File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 38, in updateDB
                                                resultFILTER().router(query)
                                              File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 40, in router
                                                result = QUERY().router(query)
                                              File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 45, in router
                                                self.result = self.jsonquery(self.queries.get('{}'.format(query)))
                                              File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 41, in jsonquery
                                                return json.loads(self.json)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x91 in position 148: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Someone suggested in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340434 that I try this addon, as the official 'Extras' addon doesn't support content in subfolder groupings. However unless I've missed a setting, I don't think this one does either. For example, in the following layout none of the extras for each season are scanned and displayed:

/Doctor Who/Season 1/<first episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 1/<second episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 1/<lots more episodes.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 1/<last episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 1/Extras/Season1.Extra-1.mkv
/Doctor Who/Season 1/Extras/Season1.Extra-2.mkv
/Doctor Who/Season 1/Extras/Season1.Extra-More.mkv

/Doctor Who/Season 2/<first episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 2/<second episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 2/<lots more episodes.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 2/<last episode.mkv>
/Doctor Who/Season 2/Extras/Season2.Extra-1.mkv
/Doctor Who/Season 2/Extras/Season2.Extra-2.mkv
/Doctor Who/Season 2/Extras/Season2.Extra-More.mkv

If I create just one Extras folder at the root level for the whole show (e.g. saving the extra videos in /Doctor Who/Extras/ ) then those files do get displayed, but obviously I don't want hundreds of extras that span more than 50 years of television in one huge unmanageable list, I want to access them broken down in season-by-season Context Menus for each year's folder. Can this be done I wonder? Thanks.

Andre
Firstly I'm loving the Special Features Addon it was something I've been looking for as other addon don't quite work like yours. 

I'm using LibreELEC 9.0.0 with Kodi 18 Leia, its tricky for me to be able to create/add advancedsettings.xml file to stop Extras being scanned into my Library. Would you be able to implement a button that updates the advancedsettings.xml from the settings menu to make it easier to block the Extras being scanned into the Library?

The context Menu Access works fine in LibreELEC just so you know. I'm using the stock Estuary Skin at the moment and I don't see Special Features button on the video info page and I've seen you've released a patch for this however again its tricky for me to put the patch files in place on LibreELEC. I assume Estuary will officially supported at some point?

Happy to test anything you suggest on LibreELEC might need a little guidance though!

Thanks
(2019-02-07, 23:51)Watersnapper Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly I'm loving the Special Features Addon it was something I've been looking for as other addon don't quite work like yours. 

I'm using LibreELEC 9.0.0 with Kodi 18 Leia, its tricky for me to be able to create/add advancedsettings.xml file to stop Extras being scanned into my Library. Would you be able to implement a button that updates the advancedsettings.xml from the settings menu to make it easier to block the Extras being scanned into the Library?

The context Menu Access works fine in LibreELEC just so you know. I'm using the stock Estuary Skin at the moment and I don't see Special Features button on the video info page and I've seen you've released a patch for this however again its tricky for me to put the patch files in place on LibreELEC. I assume Estuary will officially supported at some point?

Happy to test anything you suggest on LibreELEC might need a little guidance though!

Thanks

I could but then it wouldn't be allowed in the official kodi repo. They will not allow any addon directly change any settings.
Hey guys and thank you for this awesome addon..

Windows 10, Kodi Leia 18.1,Eminence skin

I have a problem getting extras in iso format to play.. First this is inside a 2 part movie folder so folder structure is as follows

Ben Hur (1959) parent folder
----ben hur (1959)(part1).iso
----ben hur (1959)(part2).iso
----artwork files
----------Extras folder
-------------ben hur (1959)[extra-ben hur bonus disc].iso (inside extras folder)

Now,i had some major problems getting all other extras to work too,but after a complete re-install and using both the extras and the special features addon i now get a "special features" button on the movie pages that contain extras which is really nice, except for folders where extras are iso format,they dont show up.. I deleted the extras addon to use only special features as it is really nice when it works..
Any clue as to why isos are problematic??
Getting the same error now.. It worked with 1 share added to library,but with full server added,it keeps throwing this error on kodi 18.1 windows 10

(2019-01-28, 17:41)ribtin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey. I'm getting an error when I try to scan the library for extras. Running RC5 on Windows.
16:38:34.793 T:9972 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=all
16:38:34.796 T:12468 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=all) failed
16:38:47.763 T:6944 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x91 in position 148: invalid start byte
File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 70, in <module>
r.updateDB()
File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 38, in updateDB
File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 40, in router
File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 45, in router
File "C:\Users\lifej\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 41, in jsonquery
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x91 in position 148: invalid start byte
-->End of Python script error report<--
New user here.  Installed the latest 64-bit Kodi on WIndows 10, loaded the Special Features add-on, attached and processed one video share, then ran the Special Features on the movies.  Getting same UnicodeDecodeError as reported above. Special Features scan fails.    
I can't think of anyway to make the test cleaner (the setup as as stripped down as possible). 
I did install an advancedsettings.xml file into userdata directory so the initial video scan would ignore Extras directories. 

2019-03-13 18:59:11.740 T:1616   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=movies
2019-03-13 18:59:11.745 T:10000   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/?directory=movies) failed
2019-03-13 18:59:21.335 T:2680   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 2: invalid continuation byte
                                              File "C:\Users\James D. Salehi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                r.updateDB()
                                              File "C:\Users\James D. Salehi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 38, in updateDB
                                              File "C:\Users\James D. Salehi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 40, in router
                                              File "C:\Users\James D. Salehi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 45, in router
                                              File "C:\Users\James D. Salehi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 41, in jsonquery
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 2: invalid continuation byte
The only thing I've seen that seems to fix "Special Features" errors is that you have to set the "Default select action" to either "Play" or "Resume." If it's set to "Show Information," Special Features doesn't work right. You should be able to find the setting in Settings --> Media --> Videos. Of course, the movie you scanned in should also have something in an Extras folder inside that movie's folder. If none of that works, there's lots smarter people here who will lend a hand!
I guess I figured out what the problem is.  
Special Features can scan sources which have individual videos not in a directory mixed with videos which are in their own directory, as long as all those videos in their own directory have Extras subdirectories which are populated. 
The source cannot have videos which are in their own directory but do not have an Extra subdirectory, or have an Extras subdirectory which is empty. 
When Special Features encounters the situation where a video on the source is in its own directory but doesn't have a populated Extras subdirectory, it seems to crap out in an unrecoverable way with regard to that source at least.  Even if the videos in their own directories without Extras subdirectories are removed, Special Features still won't be able to scan that source once they're gone. 

This is an odd situation for me anyway, because on my source I have lots of videos not in a directory, and then about 15 in their own directories with Extras subdirectories, but also about a dozen in their own directories without that Extras subdirectory (e.g., home videos).   So Special Features never could scan that source for me.   A kluge would be to segregate these videos onto a separate source. 

I wonder how to alert this situation to a developer?   I'm just a newbie.
UPDATE-   I moved the movies which have special features into a separate source and Special Features works fine. 

I'm thinking the Special Features wiki should say that the add-on requires that all videos in a source which are in their own directory need to have Extras subdirectories which are populated.  

comments?   Do other users feel this is correct?
(2019-03-15, 07:17)stockjunior Wrote: [ -> ]need to have Extras subdirectories which are populated
That is exactly what the wiki states.
I don't get it.  Is there some other wiki?
The wiki i read is https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features, and it says: 
"For Special Features to properly detect your extras, you wll need to create an 'Extras' folder in the root folder of each video that you want to add special features to."
Therefore, I went to my source which has movies, and for each video I wanted to add special features to, I made sure it was in its own folder, and then created an 'Extras' folder in the root folder of that video and added the special features there. 

Special Features add-on then proceeds to crash when I scan this source. 

I believe I followed the wiki exactly?  Doesn't it need to say "And for all the videos you do not want to add special features to, which reside in their own directory, move them to some other source"?
To use Special Features, you must use Movie Folders, which you have done.

Movies that do not have Extras do not need to be moved out of the Source. The add-on should just skip movies that have no Extras folder.

The add-on developer is away living real life, so it may be a little while before you get a proper response, but the best thing you can do is provide a Debug Log which captures the problem. I can have a look for anything obvious.
It seems to me the Special Features add-on requires an organization as follows, and if this is correct, needs to be clearly stated in the wiki: 

\Movies without Special Features
      \movie1
             movie1.mkv
       \movie2
              movie2.mkv
       movie3.mkv
       movie4.mkv 
           etc
\Movies with Special Features 
       \movie5
               \Extras
                     extra.mkv
                movie5.mkv
        \movie6 
                 \Extras
                        extra.mkv
                  movie6.mkv
         etc 

And also:  The same thing for TV Shows:

\TV Shows without Special Features 
       \TV Show 1
       \TV Show 2
       \TV Show 3
\TV Shows with Special Features 
        \TV Show 4
               \Extras
         \TV Show 5
                \Extras
         \TV Show 6 
                \Extras

I believe either of the following will cause the add-on to crash, (and as far as I can tell, require a total re-install of kodi): 

\Movie 1 
             movie1.mkv
       \Movie 2
              \Extras
                    extra.mkv
               movie2.mkv

or 

\TV Show 1
       \TV Show 2
              \Extras
       \TV Show 3
       \TV Show 4