Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Special Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I used to have this feature working, with Leia, however it took quite a bit of hacking.

My pi exploded, and I didn't document it :-(

Basically, I can see the features under the add-on, however I used to have an icon in the info screen, which required changing some files as per this:

https://github.com/kasamedia/plugin.vide...stuary/xml

I have not just replaced them, as the files are now so different... the new one is twice as big as the one in the repo above.

So I tried to find just what was different, and searched for "special" etc, and I managed to get a wrong and oversized icon appearing, which when clicked asks me to rename the movie "extras".

i did also have a single note which said:
 they updated the file to point to the wrong thing, so had to include this change
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0463...a01e15a8d0

However, that doesn't seem to make sense any more.

It was only a couple of months ago that I had this working, however it does seem that reading the wiki for special features, and all the "patches" are out of date.

Is there anything more recent to use?

Thanks, hope you can help, I really liked this feature...
(2019-10-22, 00:03)wcndave Wrote: [ -> ]I used to have this feature working, with Leia, however it took quite a bit of hacking.

My pi exploded, and I didn't document it :-(

Basically, I can see the features under the add-on, however I used to have an icon in the info screen, which required changing some files as per this:

https://github.com/kasamedia/plugin.vide...stuary/xml

I have not just replaced them, as the files are now so different... the new one is twice as big as the one in the repo above.

So I tried to find just what was different, and searched for "special" etc, and I managed to get a wrong and oversized icon appearing, which when clicked asks me to rename the movie "extras".

i did also have a single note which said:
 they updated the file to point to the wrong thing, so had to include this change
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0463...a01e15a8d0

However, that doesn't seem to make sense any more.

It was only a couple of months ago that I had this working, however it does seem that reading the wiki for special features, and all the "patches" are out of date.

Is there anything more recent to use?

Thanks, hope you can help, I really liked this feature...

@evertiro he should be able to help with this as he did the skin implementations.
Not sure if this thread is still active. 
I had no problems setting up this addon.
For some reason i cant get .iso files to be accepted. Has anyone had any success with .iso files?
(2019-10-23, 09:57)victorbb Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this thread is still active. 
For some reason i cant get .iso files to be accepted. Has anyone had any success with .iso files?
did you manage to get it to be available from the "info" page, or only as an add-on?  My problem with the add-on, is that you don't know, when playing a film, if it has extras, you have to specifically go to search for it.

FWIW this did work with ISO files, anything I put in Extras was in fact picked up as an extra.
(2019-10-23, 09:57)victorbb Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this thread is still active. 

The thread is active but I have not had the time to work on it as much as I have been planning something a little better just have to get time to write it.
(2019-10-24, 02:26)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]

The thread is active but I have not had the time to work on it as much as I have been planning something a little better just have to get time to write it. 
I got .iso to work just fine. I did have to hack the database when using stacked iso's (LOTR) but for all my single iso dvd's it scanned the extras folder and added the iso to the database
I will also post a screenshot modification I made to my skin when displaying the Special Features discs in the next few days. I added some extra data columns to the specialfeatures.db (under special and changed what I thought needed to be changed in the .py files included). The skin properly reads the new columns in the database and displays it as such and does manage to export the .sfnfo files. But from a fresh install it runs into a lot of issues.
(2019-10-24, 03:21)Rychem28 Wrote: [ -> ]I will also post a screenshot modification I made to my skin when displaying the Special Features discs in the next few days. I added some extra data columns to the specialfeatures.db (under special and changed what I thought needed to be changed in the .py files included). The skin properly reads the new columns in the database and displays it as such and does manage to export the .sfnfo files. But from a fresh install it runs into a lot of issues.

You want to make a pull request?
(2019-10-24, 03:42)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 03:21)Rychem28 Wrote: [ -> ]I will also post a screenshot modification I made to my skin when displaying the Special Features discs in the next few days. I added some extra data columns to the specialfeatures.db (under special and changed what I thought needed to be changed in the .py files included). The skin properly reads the new columns in the database and displays it as such and does manage to export the .sfnfo files. But from a fresh install it runs into a lot of issues.

You want to make a pull request? 
I can try. I will be honest I have never done a pull request and not sure how to get started. Let me post here the screenshots of what I did this weekend, to see if it is of interest to you. I am not very fluent in all things programming and think I may have gotten lucky with some of the changes I made. I
Hey.... Forgive me if these questions have already been answered...

Android
Running 18.2
Estuary

Need help with the info screen button and the special feature overlay. I copied the two xml's from repo and now the only change is an option to add either an icon or sflogo under the add art section.
Where would these be located and would the menu item show without the image? Whats the requirement for the graphics. Im assuming .png but what size? Are they wrapped in a vector map or some shit?
This is an awsome feature and the scraper and sub-menu link work fine except the Extras pop up with escape strings...for instance spaces are %20. The DB works fine and seems to store the strings without escapes but Kodi lists them with escape strings...must be a sub context menu option? Been a while...

TIA!
Updated to latest version 3.03.
Using Kodi 19 updated
On Pi4
Ran the "clean special features" tool, and got this type error:

I hope it's ok to post a tiny fragment of a log, if not, let me know and i'll move it.

2019-11-18 20:16:04.233 T:2660328304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: string indices must be integers
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/script.py", line 74, in <module>
                                                r.cleanDb()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/script.py", line 44, in cleanDb
                                                dbEnterExit().initDb('clean')
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/lib/iteration.py", line 228, in initDb
                                                self.detchDb()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/lib/iteration.py", line 381, in detchDb
                                                info(QUERY().executeJSON('VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails', {'movieid': self.item['mid'], "art": {'sflogo': self.flag}}))
                                            TypeError: string indices must be integers
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2019-11-18, 21:23)wcndave Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it's ok to post a tiny fragment of a log, if not, let me know and i'll move it.

As always, provide a full debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website, and not just the part(s) you find interesting.
(2019-11-18, 22:17)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]As always, provide a fulldebug log(wiki) via a pastebin website, and not just the part(s) you find interesting.

Will do.  As a developer I often find that just the relevant snippet can reveal the answer straight away, like "the type changed, aha!", and I then ask for fuller logs if that doesn't reveal anything.
@wcndave
threads merged

For add-ons and skins, always use the correct thread otherwise the developer may not see your post.
(2019-11-18, 22:17)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]As always, provide a fulldebug log(wiki) via a pastebin website, and not just the part(s) you find interesting

Full Log

https://paste.kodi.tv/aceqosigep.kodi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21