Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Special Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
You are correct they should be placed in the root of the extras folder if the are normal videos...mp4 mkv iso etc... Only if it is bonus disc in folder format will it be recognized....
Example
Star wars empire strike back bonus disc/bdmv/index.bdmv

Or video_ts/video_ts.ifo

Hopefully that makes sense.
@smitchell6879 - I'm looking at implementing this in the info dialogs in Aura.

A few questons:
What onclick action do I need to call the extras from the video info dialog for a particular movie/tvshow?
Is there a window property which I can use to check if there are any extras for a movie/tvshow? (i.e. so I can show/hide a button for them in the info dialog)
Is there a plugin path that I can use to display the extras in a separate container by passing through the ListItem.DBID or ListItem.Title of a movie/tvshow?
@jurialmunkey  - This is what I have added to the info dialog.

xml:

<param name="onclick_2" value="RunScript(plugin.specialfeatures,listitem)" />
      <param name="visible" value="String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(sf_info),true)" />

And there is a plugin path but at the moment I am not recommending it. Until someone allows the thumbnail extractor function in the c++ part of the core of Kodi to be exposed to the addon developers the best I can offer you is a list of titles and plots with the main movie poster repeating and that is just ugly imo. And on that front I am not sure which image I am using on GitHub at the moment.... I still haven't had time to add the context menu or fix a cleaning issue of the db. Hopefully things will slow down over the next week or so. So I can get that squared away. And set the image back to the "poster" as that looks better in the plugin view. I am on the same page with you though as my intent was to have the video clips available on the info dialog with thumbnails like the cast, just can't happen yet another one of them walls.

I do have some more addons in mind so hopefully in the distant future I slowly break some of these walls with other workarounds that are exposed to the python side but not the skinning engine.
@smitchell6879 - Excellent! Thanks Big Grin I will let you know how I go.

Yeah, I had a quick and dirty hack for showing the Extras folder by pointing the content to the path, but the thumbs were very slow loading which is a shame. I was hoping this might be a bit of a workaround. Nonetheless, the button will be useful.
Ok, it is working well so far.

Couple of things:
- When opening the special features there is a pop dialog showing some info. I assume this is for debugging purposes, but it would be nice to be able to disable this (and should be disabled by default).
- When launching special features from the video info dialog of a tvshow, the Container.Content is set to tvshows rather than videos. It needs to be set to videos for the correct viewtypes to be available.
- Also, for official repo, you will need to change your window properties to be prefixed with the plugin name (see SkinHelper properties for e.g.)
e.g. something like Window(Home).Property(SpecialFeatures.HasContent) would be ideal

EDIT: Another thing I noticed. When I launch it from video info dialog, I need to close the dialog first (which is fine). However, when I press back from special features, I end up on the home screen instead of in the library.
Well you have found 80 percent of the issuses... the info pop up is a piece of code that got left over when I last updated. The window property I can fix fairly easy. You are right with having to close the info dialog first. and the returning to home I have yet to figure out why.. that's why I was hoping to get the thumbnails to show up in the widget/path but for me I have yet to get the extractor to work. and last I was using estuary views to define the content type so the content is set for it to show the way I intended in estuary. not to say something didn't slip through. I will try to get back around to it soon.. been a busy week and its just starting.
(2018-03-07, 06:43)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]Well you have found 80 percent of the issuses... the info pop up is a piece of code that got left over when I last updated. The window property I can fix fairly easy. You are right with having to close the info dialog first. and the returning to home I have yet to figure out why.. that's why I was hoping to get the thumbnails to show up in the widget/path but for me I have yet to get the extractor to work. and last I was using estuary views to define the content type so the content is set for it to show the way I intended in estuary. not to say something didn't slip through. I will try to get back around to it soon.. been a busy week and its just starting.
 I was actually just working on patching for those very issues! I have patches for most official skins now, so was turning attention to quality of life fixes... Hopefully I can take a bit of the work off of you so you don't have to stress too much! Look for upcoming PRs!
Hey I made a few updates in the night as well. I changed right much stuff and accidentally left a new debug window with the last commit... I had to leave PC but do plan on fixing that and finishing up another issue that I have created by adding the context menu... O and the new update I am not sure if I added togglebutton to that commit or if I added after... Either way I merged 2 out of the 3 pull request thanks you for the that and I am sure other will be thanking you for adding so many skins.

Lastly on the window(home).porperty(special features.content)

I left a note there as well but I guess here is just as good to bring it up... @jurialmunkey all windows properties I set start with sf_ or SF depending on what it is... To me that is good enough as it should be a separate my porperrties from someone else.

That being said since you are now a Kodi team member congrads btw I will leave it up to you... In which case if you want me to use the nice long full name all the pull request I merged this morning will need to be updated yet again..

@evertiro Thanks again.
(2018-03-08, 19:07)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]@evertiro Thanks again.
 Any time! Happy to be able to help!
@smitchell6879 - Add-on acceptance into the repo isn't up to me. I'm just trying to save you from having to change all your property names down the track (and breaking support in skins in the process).
Marcelveldt had to rewrite all the properties in skin helper: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2082524

The problem is that SF is a very generic descriptor. What if someone else has a plugin called Search Films (or whatever) and also wants to prefix their properties with SF. Using the name of the plugin as a prefix avoids any confusion and is far more future proof. Using a name like SpecialFeatures.HasContent is human readable and clearly indicates where the property is from and what its purpose is.

Readability shouldn't be sacrificed simply to avoid typing a few extra characters.
"The ratio of time spent reading vs writing is well over 10:1, to write code we are constantly reading it. So even if the code is harder to write we should invest in readable code vs easier code to write."
https://medium.com/coding-skills/clean-c...450456d90c

I'm no saint. I get lazy with naming conventions too. What you use is really up to you. I was just pointing out something I've seen others get pulled up on before when they were submitting to the official repo.
Totally understandable will be fixed for the next update. Just wanted to be sure before changing everything.
Alright I think all the issues are fixed now and have updated release. If you do find any please open a ticket to get it resolved.
(2018-03-06, 11:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a plugin path that I can use to display the extras in a separate container by passing through the ListItem.DBID or ListItem.Title of a movie/tvshow?

plugin://plugin.specialfeatures/?directory=all
plugin://plugin.specialfeatures/?directory=movies
plugin://plugin.specialfeatures/?directory=tvshows
Separate Container
$INFO[Window(home).Property(SpecailFeatures.Widget)]
^ This will auto fill when Listitem Has Special Features Available
Last update for today I hope everything is working after this as there has be a lot of changes on the code side.

IMPORTANT

Before updating to the newest release I highly recommend uninstalling the current version you have... I have changed the name to match the official repo and it will cause a conflict if leaving older versions installed so please you your self a favor and uninstall first.

With that out that being said I am going to let this ride another week or so and then if nothing else changes I will be submitting into the official repo... so please anyone and everyone test it out and report back.
Looking good so far and everything pretty much seems to be working well! Big Grin
SpecialFeatures.Widget property is excellent!

Only thing I noticed was that if you go in through the addon, and then browse a tvshow, the content stays as tvshows rather than switching to episodes or videos (works perfectly from info dialog, but not from within the addon).

EDIT: Seems SpecialFeatures.Widget only works in the library and not for widgets on the home screen. Not sure if there is a way around this?
Maybe you can check to see if the SkinHelper widget container property is set and use that to get the current widget container on the home screen
(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer)
I'm guessing this will only be necessary on Krypton and not on Leia (because referencing specific container ids is not necessary in Leia).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21