Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Special Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@jurialmunkey @Karellen

Just wondering if either of u have found any other issues... I have made a few more code tweaks and have a few more before the next release... If there any issues or bugs please post I plan on submitting this in the next few days.

Also @evertiro has made our wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features there you will find general usage and setup.
So far everything is looking good. Smile
@smitchell6879 ,

Have just added native support for this script to my skin. Everything appears to be working from this end. Really just waiting for a way to show in the library that an item has extras available (much like video extras script provided) and I could probably push the button to update my skin.

Wyrm (appTV)
(2018-03-13, 06:59)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]@smitchell6879 ,

Have just added native support for this script to my skin. Everything appears to be working from this end. Really just waiting for a way to show in the library that an item has extras available (much like video extras script provided) and I could probably push the button to update my skin.

Wyrm (appTV)
Sweet! We'll get you added to the list as officially supporting SF as soon as you're ready! If you pull the current dev version from Github, it actually has support for media flags already, and that will be included in the release that gets submitted to the repo.
(2018-03-13, 06:59)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]@smitchell6879 ,

Wyrm (appTV)
(2018-03-13, 07:54)evertiro Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet! We'll get you added to the list as officially supporting SF as soon as you're ready! If you pull the current dev version from Github, it actually has support for media flags already, and that will be included in the release that gets submitted to the repo.

Just Made another release 2.07 in the add-on folder you will find resources>media_flag. I know the Icon is rather big I figured the skinner could scale it down to suit your needs... or if you want to change it altogether to fit your skin that to is understandable.. one thing I do ask if you make your own is to use 'Open Sans font with a simple "SF"' that way at least that part will consistent throughout all skins. To use the media flag simply add:
xml:
<visible>$INFO[System.HasAddon(plugin.video.specialfeatures)]+$INFO[Window(home).Property(SpecialFeatures.Visible)]</visible>

Also the links in the 1st post have been updated for the newest release as well as a link to the wiki page.

Thanks again for using this I am going to give it until Wednesday then I will be submitting it to the official repo.
Two minor things:

1. Is it possible to have the "Play All" ListItem have a property to indicate that it is PlayAll? e.g. something like ListItem.Property(IsPlayAll). It isn't possible to do a String.IsEqual with a localized $ADDON string (limitation of skinning engine). I want to show a special thumbnail/icon for the play all item, but I have no way to make a condition for it in my image variable.

2. The "Special Features" context menu item is visible when inside the Special Features add-on. Very minor bug, but thought I would let you know nonetheless.
(2018-03-13, 11:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Two minor things:

1. Is it possible to have the "Play All" ListItem have a property to indicate that it is PlayAll? e.g. something like ListItem.Property(IsPlayAll). It isn't possible to do a String.IsEqual with a localized $ADDON string (limitation of skinning engine). I want to show a special thumbnail/icon for the play all item, but I have no way to make a condition for it in my image variable.

2. The "Special Features" context menu item is visible when inside the Special Features add-on. Very minor bug, but thought I would let you know nonetheless.

Alright so would a property (Special Features.PlayallVisible) work with you?

And thanks.. I didn't think of that now just have to figure out how to hid it lol
(2018-03-13, 12:50)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]

And thanks.. I didn't think of that now just have to figure out how to hid it lol

Ideally it would be a ListItem property, not a window property. I need to be able to check if it's the current focused item.
(2018-03-13, 13:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-13, 12:50)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ideally it would be a ListItem property, not a window property. I need to be able to check if it's the current focused item.

Alright I will add it tonight and give it a quick test... I will update you once I get it working. I am going to try to set it as PlayAll and ideally it should give you a true response. Ethier way I will let you know something later tonight.
@jurialmunkey

https://github.com/smitchell6879/plugin.video.specialfeatures/releases/tag/2.0.8
Fixed Context and Added Property

xml:
ListItem.Property(PlayAll)

if Play All:
return true
Hi @smitchell6879

The only other issue I have come across is with Fanart. It doesn't display for me. I have the following files in the \Extras\ folder

cpp:
Australian Cinema.mkv
Australian Cinema.sfnfo
Australian Cinema-fanart.jpg
Australian Cinema-poster.jpg

The poster displays fine, but the fanart just displays the fanart from the parent movie. Maybe fanart is not supported? I just assumed it is because the poster is supported.
(2018-03-13, 21:21)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @smitchell6879

The only other issue I have come across is with Fanart. It doesn't display for me. I have the following files in the \Extras\ folder

cpp:
Australian Cinema.mkv
Australian Cinema.sfnfo
Australian Cinema-fanart.jpg
Australian Cinema-poster.jpg

The poster displays fine, but the fanart just displays the fanart from the parent movie. Maybe fanart is not supported? I just assumed it is because the poster is supported.

Correct the artwork is inherited from the parent movie... Only the thumbnails are generated by Kodi at the time of viewing the item.

I may add support for custom fanart or posters in the future but that to is alot of code as I will have to change the database tables as well all on my database qeuries. For the next day or so I just want to focus one current code to get this in the official repo.

But I will keep it in mind as a feature request.
Posters is working for me. Sounds like it is accidental then.

--edit--
And the other Specials in the Extras folder are not inheriting the poster from the main movie.
The first image below shows the Movie Poster, inherited from the parent movie, correctly displayed when "Play All" is focused

This image is from the example I mentioned above applying specific artwork

This image is typical of the remainder of the Special videos that don't have any artwork applied, and not inheriting the parent poster.
@Karellen

The way I have it set is as follows:

Play All - gets fanart and poster from parent
.bdmv,.IFO,.iso - gets fanart and poster from parent
everything else depends on kodi to generate a thumbnail. "which has to have a valid video to extras the thumbnail from"

So far I personally have not had a issue with kodi making the thumbnail...

Can you verify that you have a working video, and kodi is up-to-date, newest release of addon.

If yes, then can yo manually delete the special features database userdata>addon_data>plugin.video.specialfeatures> The name you have set.db
Only other issues that may cause it is the info wrote to the specialfeature.db before kodi had time to process the item.

After rebuilding the db if it still does not work
Please post a debug maybe we can figure out where it is breaking
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21