Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV - samba / homegroup - shared folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am using Android TV to acces homegroup computers. Like 5 Windows PC connected, each one has one shared folder and allowed printer sharing and homegroup called "WORKGROUP"
I am able to see empty folders of users and looks like "my pictures", my music" etc. all empty(which is right) so I deduce - I am connected well. Also VLC player has no problem reaching both empty folders and homegroup shared folders.
Well Kodi could acces homegroup 2 or 3 weeks ago. But since 1 week ago it does not work. I did not change a thing. Kodi is not able to detect any homegroup when adding folders in f.e. music category.

It is like 4th time happened to me through 2 years of using Android TV. This past for about 2 weeks or a month, then it got fixed. But as this happaned again I feel it may not be caused only by buggy updates. I donĀ“t know.
Is this being bugtracked? Is this real problem or just some settings tweak I may changed awkwardly?
As I am no programmer or coder saying this simple way and asking you what is right or wrong.

Thank you for further answers.
VashCZ
The latest Kodi defaults to use SMB v2, which no longer has browse support,versus v1 that did support it. (Google for 'Microsoft Samba WannaCry').
You will have to manually add network sources in Kodi, as well as enter user credentials (name + password) for each Samba source.
Interisting. Thank you for answer.

You said defaults SMB 2. But can I switch to SMB 1? And why SMB 2 does not support it? It is future user must have.
What to select when selecting source of folder - f.e. UPnP, Network system or whatever. What is the easiest way to share multimedias across LAN at all?