Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Request] Dark Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As  I'm sure you're aware Java color theming support on Linux is pretty poor. To make matters even worse I am a KDE user, and proper theming support for KDE is entirely dysfunctional in Linux. I love your program, but because of Java's poor font and theming support on Linux, (and with my vision limitations) it is very hard on my eyes. With my HTPC attatched to a big screen TV it is very hard on eyes using tmm. I use the Plasma 5 Breeze Dark Theme on my system to help with my vision. It would sure be great if you had a built in "dark theme"  option in tinyMediaManager. Are you considering adding support for a dark theme to your great program. I'm sure this probaby isn't high on your priority list, but this would be a great feature addition to tinyMediaManager. It would also allow tmm to be color consistant with Kodi on systems that Java does not respect the OS color theming. Just thought I'd bring it up in the hope that it is on your radar for implementation in the future.

Great program. Thanks for all your hard work. and efforts.
Theme gets heavily changed with v3 - try it

Although being not completely dark, it has already been requested here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326700
Unfortunately, we currently have no time to create another theme;
But if some developer wants to volunteer, it's just a matter of changing (many) RGB values...
Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I apologize that this request was made already.I did not realize it was a duplicate. I ran a search on the themes topic and did not find any similar requests. I am not a coder by any means, but hey maybe I'll take stab at modifying tmm myself. I was unhappy with my theme colors and basically modified a bunch of themes with thousands of lines of code very simply on my first attempt only a few days ago. It took a lot of time mind you. I started out searching color codes on the internet. I then started replacing color codes manually which worked fine for smaller themes that didn't require much editing. Until I realized sone of the themes had thousands of lines of code. I simply automated the process a bit by using the Kate text editor to seach for the color code I wanted replaced. Using the search and replace function of Kate I probably went through close to ten thousand lines quite painlessly. I simply had to press replace for any instance found. It took quite a while to scan and modify all the themes on my computer, but for a first attempt at theme modification I thought it went quite well. So maybe an old retired guy like me might be not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do have time and lots of persistance.

Thanks for the great program. It is the best media manager by far available on the Linux platform. Keep up the awesome work. It is greatly appreciated. When my home hopefully sells and I have some money in my pocket, I'll be sure to send a donation to support such a great products developement.