Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon VOD - Sandmann
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2018-01-19, 21:54)crocobar Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions?

At the moment the new libwidevinecdm.so is crashing Kodi on RPi2/3 and this is currently under investigation by Kodi developers.
(2018-01-19, 22:07)debutanker Wrote: [ -> ]With recent version of Sandmann's Amazon Addon inputstreamhelper is implemented and will do the job of installing libwidevine.
For RPi it seems, further investigations/adjustments need to be done....
 I am using Amazon VOD, not Amazon - I think I have to because I have the US Prime account. Is that right? Do you know if Amazon VOD also has the helper? It did not look like it.

Does anyone know which chromebook would be suitable to use as a source of widevine for Rpi 3, or any ARM would do? How about Acer Chromebook R13? If not, perhaps someone could point to a good option out of this list: https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos...overy.conf

Thanks.
(2018-01-19, 15:34)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]No, IMHO it doesn't really help as command line scripts to download libwidevinecdm.so are not the long term solution, and only serve to mask the current inadequacies of the video add-ons that fail when libwidevinecdm.so isn't installed, or the installed version needs to be updated.

Yes that script may work (haven't tested it personally), but in order to improve the overall Kodi user experience as we approach the Kodi 18 release date the video add-ons now need to be using a widevine helper add-on (which must also be pushing out new libwidevinecdm.so whenever it changes/breaks). Otherwise any video addon dependent on libwidevinecdm.so will become a support nightmare.

I'm not updating my own command line script because it's not the solution we need. 
I found this somewhat recent thread about widevine helper: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...t=widevine

But it does not look like there was a consensus or anything happened. Am I misreading it?
@Milhouse - thanks for letting know about the team investigating Kodi crash on Rpi with the latest widevine.

Meanwhile, could somebody help with Amazon VOD settings? Suppose I want to see US Prime DRM content on Rpi3, and the widevine issue is resolved, should I just use the default settings, or I need to disable/enable something? I am not sure I understand all relevant settings. For example, the DRM setting is worded in such a way that I am not sure if I need to turn it on or off. What about HDR setting, is it relevant? At this point, I am only worrying about getting something, not fine tuning.

Thanks!
I've tried to use this as well.  I've tested it on my Win10 machine and had it set to launch Chrome fullscreen and in kiosk mode.  I was able to successfully navigate to a movie (after entering in my Prime account info) and the movie started to play.  But, no audio.  It seems as though Kodi is still running and taking command of the audio so it wouldn't allow any audio from Chrome to go through.  Also, there was no way to "exit" chrome (once in full screen).  I did an ALT+F4 to close chrome and alt tab to get back to Kodi.  Chrome then relaunched all by itself and put me back to the same page.  Rinse and repeat.  I had to force close both chrome and kodi to stop this.
I haven't even attempted to try and use this on my OSMC box or my LibreELEC box because neither has a browser to launch.  I'm assuming that's why you are all talking about this "libwidevinecdm"?  Tried to understand how to get that on the boxes but that stuff is way over my peon of a brain lol
(2018-01-19, 23:18)crocobar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-19, 22:07)debutanker Wrote: [ -> ]With recent version of Sandmann's Amazon Addon inputstreamhelper is implemented and will do the job of installing libwidevine.
For RPi it seems, further investigations/adjustments need to be done....
[...] Do you know if Amazon VOD also has the helper? It did not look like it [...]
The helper is also implemented in the VOD Version (0.4.8) ---> https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commi...27f4352d94
Nevertheless, like Milhouse already mentioned, for Pi systems inputstreamhelper and the new widevine is not enough to get it going again.
(2018-01-19, 22:09)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-19, 21:54)crocobar Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions?

At the moment the new libwidevinecdm.so is crashing Kodi on RPi2/3 and this is currently under investigation by Kodi developers. 
@Milhouse how can I keep an eye on what's going on regarding this crash? Should I watch nightly builds thread or something else? Is there a bug tracker maybe? Thanks - sorry, new here.
(2018-01-21, 00:44)crocobar Wrote: [ -> ]@Milhouse how can I keep an eye on what's going on regarding this crash? Should I watch nightly builds thread or something else? Is there a bug tracker maybe? Thanks - sorry, new here.

Nightly builds for now.
Just spent a few hours removing the Windows Store install version of Kodi and installing the "regular" download version of Kodi because I got an error message when attempting to use the Input Stream addon with this plugin.  It told me that I couldn't install the Inputstream with the Windows version of Kodi, only the "regular" version.

So I removed Kodi, re-installed and re-configured everything.  Launched the Amazon VOD, installed the Input Stream.  All happy that it's working only to be met with a "Due to Amazon's DRM Stance, we can no longer use Widevine please select an alternate configuration"

Awesome. LoL
@So... is the addon dead?
If my information is correct, the problem with Raspberry has been recognized and the necessary adjustments are currently being processed.
So patience is a virtue.... Smile
Whats the best course of action currently to get it working on Windows? The Netflix addon is working great, but I get errors on playback with this.
With Milhouse build #0207 Amazon is back again on Raspi- many thanks!
Hi all, setting up my Kodi system on Xbox One S. I get a Amazon VOD Error, when I try to upload log file I get a Upload log Error. On my PC kodi connects to US Prime easy with my VPN. I guess I need help setting it up on my XBox? This is a start lol.
(2018-01-31, 19:09)jaynford Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the best course of action currently to get it working on Windows? The Netflix addon is working great, but I get errors on playback with this.
 I can't get it to work either.  I've been trying and trying, still nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5