Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon VOD - Sandmann
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You need to upgrade to Kodi V18 - it is the minimum requirement to supports Video OSD using the Amazon VOD. All Versions beneath this (including the most recent stable 17.6) do not support this feature.
Hi all!! I'm writing about this addon because from a couple of days i can't browse through the folders. Randomly kodi gives me a generic error message when the addon try to update the contenent of a folder. When videos in a folder are displayed correctly then they can play without any issue.

I'm with kodi 18 (libreelec 9) on rpi3

THIS is the full log, and below an extract of the amazon's ERRORS:
Code:
[massimiliano@stefania Desktop]$ cat err2.log | grep amazon | grep ERROR
11:21:33.247 T:1542046576 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-%2f%2f-Bambini-%2f%2f-Film%20per%20bambini%20e%20famiglia
11:21:33.250 T:1938676384 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-%2f%2f-Bambini-%2f%2f-Film%20per%20bambini%20e%20famiglia) failed
11:21:45.043 T:1516237680 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-%2f%2f-Bambini-%2f%2f-Serie%20TV%20per%20bambini%20e%20famiglia
11:21:45.045 T:1938676384 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-%2f%2f-Bambini-%2f%2f-Serie%20TV%20per%20bambini%20e%20famiglia) failed
I have the same error.
My config is:
RP3 with kody 18

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-%2F%2F-Bambini-//-Film+per+bambini+e+famiglia
Any update??
There were a few improvements in the last days - have you already tested new Version 0.5.9 - > https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commits/master ?
(2018-10-05, 14:20)debutanker Wrote: [ -> ]There were a few improvements in the last days - have you already tested new Version 0.5.9 - > https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commits/master ?
 Many thanks!! ..i've missed this update..

The problem it's not complitely fixed:
1. if i try to browse through the folders like described in my previous post, i get that same error;
2. if i use the search function as workaround and i search for ryan for example, the search give me resoults and i can browse through those resoults and all work perfectly
I've found a bug in current Amazon VOD addon, v0.6.1 with milhouse libreelec kodi 18 build #1105:

If you open the addon and select movies or series, it just shows you an empty folder.

It seems that it can't connect to Amazon.

You'll find my debug log here.

@Sandmann1951 and @debutanker: I hope you can shed some light in the dark.
(2018-11-07, 22:09)Germeleon Wrote: [ -> ]I've found a bug in current Amazon VOD addon, v0.6.1 with milhouse libreelec kodi 18 build #1105:

If you open the addon and select movies or series, it just shows you an empty folder.

It seems that it can't connect to Amazon.

You'll find my debug log here.

@Sandmann1951 and @debutanker: I hope you can shed some light in the dark.

Problem is well known and work is already underway -> https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/201
This works well on both my Shield and the new Fire TV 4k stick (ironically the Netflix addon doesn't work on the stick) complete with Atmos.

Only thing missing is 4k. Smile
Is anyone else having issues with some items playing in German?  I tried Tropic Thunder just now and its all in german.  Not using a proxy or vpn or anything.  Just curious.  Other videos work fine.
(2018-11-17, 03:34)grundam Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having issues with some items playing in German?  I tried Tropic Thunder just now and its all in german.  Not using a proxy or vpn or anything.  Just curious.  Other videos work fine.
 almost anything plays in german by default for me. (not what I want)
Hi to all,

Having issues with Amazon VOD as well. 
I can access all media (movies and series) fine but when I tried to load something up, nothing happens. No stream

I have tried many things with no luck. I don't know how to fix this. 

I am working on a RPI 3 with LibreELEC V8.90.009 and Kodi 18 Leia 

debug log file

Thank you for your help
@Wildc4rd - please read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted when you signed up here. Under our piracy policy (wiki) we do not support any device (such as yours) which contains piracy banned addons (wiki) or repos, regardless of what the actual issue is whilst they are in place.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@DarrenHill 

Hmmm that's strange I only have netflix, amazon and amazon VOD installed.

Maybe while I was trying to solve my problem I installed something banned ?
I did follow (blindly i guess) some procedures from internet thinking it would solve my amazon VOD stream problem.
I am a noob to this so it was not intended. I don't even know what to remove but I will look at the add ons i have and remove stuff.

Sincere apologies,
11:11:55.952 T:1937317904 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.exodus v4.0.0 installed
11:11:55.952 T:1937317904 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.kodil v1.3 installed
11:11:55.952 T:1937317904 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed

From your log - those three are all banned addon (wiki) repos and nothing you have installed will install them.

If you have nothing installed from them (which seems to be the case) then just uninstall all three.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5