Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Controlling mouse on Kodi installed on raspberry pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,
Need a bit of help with Mouse control on Kodi installed in Raspberry pi

When I try to select a Addin or something on my Kodi, the mouse seems to be too fast, one needs to be really careful and move the mouse
slowly to point to the correct icon and click.

Is there a way to control the speed of mouse. I checked the controls but I cannot see an option to configure mouse

Can anyone guide me.

I am pretty familiar with Raspberry Pi, Linux and programming so I am ok to login using SSH and making any change

Regards
Girish
Hardware that is too fast on a Raspberry Pi...?
That's a new one to me Smile

For starters, using a mouse was never at the top of the priority list for Kodi. It is a home theater application, meant to be controlled via a remote, a smartphone or a keyboard. In most cases, the keyboard will outrun the mouse when browsing the Kodi GUI properly. Some skins don't even have mouse support.

Which OS is running on your Raspberry Pi?
Thanks a lot for your response.

Which OS am I running to raspberry Pi ?

I did not install any OS on Raspberry PI, I went to Raspberry Pi website, downloaded the NOOBS and while installing I selected Libreelec,and kodi was automatically installed on my Raspberry pi...

Yes, my Kodi working very smooth on Raspberry pi, I can get really good smooth video play from Youtube.  Yes Loading takes a little longer than laptop, once loaded it works fine.
 The video quality of yourtube video is really good on Kodi with Raspberry PI,  better than laptop.  My kids could not make out that it is youtube. They thought I am watching on cable TV. That is the perfection.

i have to solve some issues like mouse, installing amazon prime etc  that is ...

IF you say mouse is the the right thing I may have to switch to remote control or joystick. 
Regards
Girish
You can control it via the Kodi web interface or using a browser addon for Chrome or Firefox.  There are also remotes for Android phones/tablets, Yatse is very good.
AFAIK there is no way to change the mouse speed in Kodi. Use a keyboard, a remote or a smartphone. I also have a Pi with a Keyboard and a mouse but on Kodi I only use the keyboard or the TV Remote because i think it is faster and more practical, I think you will find it too after some time when you get some practise.
(2018-01-19, 16:17)rascas Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK there is no way to change the mouse speed in Kodi. Use a keyboard, a remote or a smartphone. I also have a Pi with a Keyboard and a mouse but on Kodi I only use the keyboard or the TV Remote because i think it is faster and more practical, I think you will find it too after some time when you get some practise.
 I agree that Kodi is far easier to control with a keyboard/remote.  I favour this kind of remote as they offer the best of all scenarios ...

They are cheap, reliable and the batteries last for ages.