Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: still pictures are in 1080p when interface set to 2160p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to put that here, but nobody seem to be reading the "picture section"

I'm running Kodi 17.5 on a Vero4K (with osmc)
On Osmc forum, nobody want to help me cause it's a "Kodi question". So I'm asking here

The interface is set on 2160p, my tv is 2160p, I can watch 2160p videos, but, in the pictures, section, it is 1080p (downsized?)

Can someone help me?

Vincent
Reading vero kernel source: https://github.com/osmc/vero3-linux/blob...2g_16g.dts <- it's force to 1080p60 there and fb0 only has enough memory reserved for 1080p. Video is rendered bypass. Fix that :-) but I honestly doubt that it can render GLES in 4k. Bypass is done by a blackbox directly into FB1 without going through the GPU. Remember: On ARM chips one has to highly distinguish between 3D GPUs that one knows from the desktop and a VPU. Most of the time they are tied specially via an IPU that outputs without having to read memory back like the 3D GPU needed to do.

So in short: If OSMC configures the FB for 4k (which they cannot do by default in a hardcoded way) you will get 4k GUI in kodi.
That was waaaaay too technical for me.

What do I have to do exactly (or try) ?
(2018-01-19, 20:12)devinv Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to put that here, but nobody seem to be reading the "picture section"
Next time, just create your own topic from the start, as you did now.
Hijacking a 2016/2017 topic will not get noticed that easily. Smile
(2018-01-19, 21:08)devinv Wrote: [ -> ]What do I have to do exactly (or try) ?
You will need to connect via a SSH connection to your Vero/OSMC box,
and enter the command cat /sys/class/display/mode
You can paste the result here in this thread.
Better: Ask in osmc forum if Sam can provide you a build that forces primary framebuffer to 4k
osmc@v4kosmc:~$ cat /sys/class/display/mode
2160p30hz
This is after boot or while watching a movie?
It is after I set the system to 3840 x 2160 via the osmc interface. No reboot
When I put it back to 1920 x 1080 (still no reboot) it goes back to  :  1080p30hz
Okay - then see above, nothing kodi can do fr you as it's a vero / kernel configuration. I really wonder  why it renders in 30hz -> isn't the whole interface  stuttering like hell?
no, the interface is fine.
But I don't leave it in this format as long as my picture problem is not solved.

Sam said he will recompile it for me (with the change you suggested) and send me a patch.
Thanks.
I'll keep you posted

Vincent