Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton on Fire TV - unable to access NAS via NFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Relative novice here, have been unable to solve this issue despite trying everything I can think of.  I have an Iomega NAS on the same network as all relevant devices.  Share used for media is correctly set up as NFS, able to connect to it from Krypton installs on laptop and Xbox One.  Cannot connect to NAS from Fire TV.  Browsing for NFS share displays the NAS IP address, but clicking on that -- an action which then shows several available directories on the other two devices -- results in a long delay that eventually times out.

I have just done a fresh install of Kodi on the Fire TV, and am out of things to try.  Any help greatly appreciated!
Have you followed the wiki instructions for NFS. I guess as you didn't mention it, so I'll assume not. Please do.
Thank you for the response.  I reviewed the NAS section of the Wiki.  I was unable to access the NAS via SSH to confirm (or change) the insecure option allowing access from unprivileged ports as described in 7.1.  This led me to test access to the NAS from Kodi on the other two devices.  Success from both implied to me that the NAS was not the issue.

Given accessibility from Kodi on the laptop and Xbox, can NAS configuration still be the issue preventing access from Kodi on Android?  If so, I will pursue that line further.