Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Android] No audio when play a DTS movie if a Dolby Digital movie is already playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I'm using the latest Android nightlies (arm64-v8a) of Kodi 18 on Nvidia Shield.
Kodi is configured for audio passtrought for Dolby Digital and DTS, so both Dolby Digital and DTS will pass over HDMI passtrought.
'Adjust display refresh rate' is setted to Start/Stop.
If I put in play a movie with DTS audio during playing a Dolby Digital movie, no audio is heard.

More in details, Kodi will not go to switch from Dolby Digital (currently movie in play) to DTS (movie that i'm going to play). On my AVR I still see "Dolby Digital" instead to see "DTS".

To reproduce:

1. Start Kodi
2. Put in play a movie with Dolby Digital audio track
3. During that movie playing go to your library (so your movie play remains playing in backgruond)
4. Choose to play a movie with DTS audio track
5. Now the DTS movie will play but Kodi will not switch to DTS (from Dolby Digital) then no audio is heard

Thanks.
(2018-01-22, 10:48)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]using the latest Android nightlies
Right now there is no way to tell which exact nightly you used. Please always indicate the exact build for testing purposes. Smile
(2018-01-22, 11:22)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-22, 10:48)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]using the latest Android nightlies
Right now there is no way to tell which exact nightly you used. Please always indicate the exact build for testing purposes. Smile 
I'm using kodi-20180121-6b3552ed-master-arm64-v8a but that issue is also in previously versions.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I'll post Debug log when at home.
Thanks!
Hi.
Here the Debug log: https://pastebin.com/raw/QPzsZerr

Thanks!
Just an update, the issue is also in the opposite direction: hear digital noise when play a Dolby Digital movie if a DTS movie is already playing
Yep, I can confirm.  Doesn't look like we are detecting the audio change.
Jep - the log is quite clear. We reopen the sink, but still tell the old stream format.
Yep, audio format is what I meant.  Just saw this
 18:02:57.099 T:138376352848 NOTICE: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 48000 format: AE_FMT_S16LE (AE) method: IEC (PT) stream-type: STREAM_TYPE_AC3
Hi. Happy you found the issue in the log and I'm glad to help Kodi by test a future nightly build that solve the issue. Inform me when it will be available and I'll go to check.
Thanks!
(2018-01-22, 23:24)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Happy you found the issue in the log and I'm glad to help Kodi by test a future nightly build that solve the issue. Inform me when it will be available and I'll go to check.
Thanks!
 From my side: No time prior to the weekend. So nothing I can promise. I hope I can reproduce on x86 - else it would be a PITA :-)
(2018-01-24, 10:40)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-22, 23:24)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Happy you found the issue in the log and I'm glad to help Kodi by test a future nightly build that solve the issue. Inform me when it will be available and I'll go to check.
Thanks!
 From my side: No time prior to the weekend. So nothing I can promise. I hope I can reproduce on x86 - else it would be a PITA :-) 
@fritsch

Hi.
Did you have time to address it?
Thanks!
Thanks!
@fritsch  Hi fritsch! Any news about that issue? I'm using one of the recent nightly and the issue is still present.
Thanks!
(2018-02-26, 13:06)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks!
@fritsch  Hi fritsch! Any news about that issue? I'm using one of the recent nightly and the issue is still present.
Thanks! 
 outcave I saw you using Using Kodi 18 and SPMC on Nvidia Shield TV . Can you tell me how can I get DTS passtrough working? I can't fix this.
Pages: 1 2