Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-03-28, 15:20)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 22:56)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 21:17)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed that when I have this installed, Kodi locks up when I exit forcing me to either reboot or log off windows 10.  Running Leia nightlies with Aeon Nox Silvo.  Just wondering if it's just my setup and what I can provide you to try and troubleshoot.  If I uninstall Kodi connect, Kodi exits normally.  Thanks or any help.
There was one other guy reporting this behavior (also on Windows), but I couldn't track it down. Even from the logs, I saw, that addon did exit, but Kodi still reported some problems.
But at the end, it was related to Plex addon.  
So, is this a fixable item or just something I have to live with?  I really would like to continue using this, but, not with a reboot after every use.  Thanks. 
I'll spin up a Windows 10 VM, and try to debug it.
But if you could enable debug logs, and send it to me, that would be very helpful
@tkislan my Alexa email is --complete--
Done everything by the book, and still not working, cannot even open Kodi with Alexa.  Sad
Have pm'ed you my Alexa email, thank you.
(2018-03-28, 15:37)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-28, 15:20)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 22:56)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]There was one other guy reporting this behavior (also on Windows), but I couldn't track it down. Even from the logs, I saw, that addon did exit, but Kodi still reported some problems.
But at the end, it was related to Plex addon.  
So, is this a fixable item or just something I have to live with?  I really would like to continue using this, but, not with a reboot after every use.  Thanks.  
But if you could enable debug logs, and send it to me, that would be very helpful 
I can certainly do that for you.  Which logs exactly would you like?
Hi Tomas,

I am very curious as to how this Skill works. Can't wait to be included!
I send you an e-mail by the way Smile
Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your hard work. Cant wait to try it I send you apm with my  e-mail * edit posting it here since it seems i cant send PM ******* 

Cheers
(2018-03-28, 22:34)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-28, 15:37)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-28, 15:20)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]So, is this a fixable item or just something I have to live with?  I really would like to continue using this, but, not with a reboot after every use.  Thanks.  
I can certainly do that for you.  Which logs exactly would you like? 
kodi.log file .. not sure where it should be stored on Windows
(2018-03-30, 19:01)panste Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your hard work. Cant wait to try it I send you apm with my  e-mail * edit posting it here since it seems i cant send PM

Cheers
I've added you. You can remove your email from the post
(2018-03-28, 18:34)Andycots Wrote: [ -> ]Done everything by the book, and still not working, cannot even open Kodi with Alexa.  Sad
Can you list all the steps you've done so far?
How about me? Smile
I rather not list my e-mail here, so I send you an e-mail a few days ago [email protected]

I already created an account on the Kodi Connect server.
Never mind, I wasn't thinking straight. Kodi Addon has been installed. 1 step left Smile
(2018-03-31, 08:44)feridb Wrote: [ -> ]How about me? Smile
I rather not list my e-mail here, so I send you an e-mail a few days ago [email protected]

I already created an account on the Kodi Connect server.
Never mind, I wasn't thinking straight. Kodi Addon has been installed. 1 step left Smile
Sorry, I forgot to reply to your email. You are already added 😊
Thank you!
I just checked again and it is not showing under my skills. Should I have received an email from you or Amazon? Because I received nothing.
(2018-03-31, 09:20)feridb Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!
I just checked again and it is not showing under my skills. Should I have received an email from you or Amazon? Because I received nothing.

Can you try this link?
https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink...2ea32f34f8
(2018-03-31, 09:22)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-31, 09:20)feridb Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

Can you try this link?
https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink...2ea32f34f8 

That did the trick!
Next problem is that Alexa is not discovering my Kodi (raspberry pi). Any specific settings I should look at?
I tried using the App and Browser on my phone. Ans also using my computer.
Update: My bad, did not enter my credentials in the Kodi Addon settings Smile