Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @tkislan
would very much like to try the skill. Unfortunately I can't send you a PM through the forum?

Thanks and have a great day!
I installed the new version. it still doesn't work, but I get a slightly different error this timeImage
(2018-04-09, 19:24)maxhasfun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @tkislan
would very much like to try the skill. Unfortunately I can't send you a PM through the forum?

Thanks and have a great day!
Hey, you can find me on reddit (same name), and PM me there, as there are no restrictions there
(2018-04-09, 21:18)UnderFact Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the new version. it still doesn't work, but I get a slightly different error this time
Ah, now I see what the problem is. You're using kinda old version of OpenElec/Kodi. There are now at least 2 new versions of OpenElec, not counting possibly new versions of LibreElec.
Would it be possible for you, to update to the newer version? As it would be probably faster, than for me to add support for older versions of Kodi. As this seems as a more of a problem with the system (OpenElec) itself, than with the Kodi version (because of the missing or old python libraries)
(2018-04-08, 22:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-08, 16:01)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-05, 15:43)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that.  Need to leave debug on all the time. Smile  Here's my latest log, but, now , again, Alexa says playing "show" on kodi video and nothing plays.  However, I can now exit out of Kodi without any problems. 
l  
Hey. I've found out what the problem is.
Should be fixed in the newest 0.1.13 version. Can you please try it out?  
I'm able to play videos now, but, I'm still getting locked up when exiting Kodi.  Kinda makes the skill a no go for me.  Here's my latest log.  I'll keep watching to see if this ever gets corrected.  Thanks. 
Hey, I've managed to find an issue that was causing this, and also for all the people that are using it on Windows.
Can you please try 0.1.15 version?
https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-con.../readme.md
(2018-04-10, 10:46)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-08, 22:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-08, 16:01)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey. I've found out what the problem is.
Should be fixed in the newest 0.1.13 version. Can you please try it out?  
I'm able to play videos now, but, I'm still getting locked up when exiting Kodi.  Kinda makes the skill a no go for me.  Here's my latest log.  I'll keep watching to see if this ever gets corrected.  Thanks.  
Hey, I've managed to find an issue that was causing this, and also for all the people that are using it on Windows.
Really appreciate the effort, but, still no clean exit. Sad
(2018-04-10, 19:06)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-08, 22:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]I'm able to play videos now, but, I'm still getting locked up when exiting Kodi.  Kinda makes the skill a no go for me.  Here's my latest log.  I'll keep watching to see if this ever gets corrected.  Thanks.  

Damn it. Can you please make the same log? If at least something changed?
i can try to update
i have updated my installation, and that has resolved the issue, along with a few other issues i had with other addons! (:
(2018-04-10, 19:15)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-10, 10:46)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I've managed to find an issue that was causing this, and also for all the people that are using it on Windows.

Here's the log using Leia nightly and default settings and no additional addons.  Log file
(2018-04-11, 14:51)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-10, 19:15)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-10, 19:06)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Really appreciate the effort, but, still no clean exit. Sad 

Here's the log using Leia nightly and default settings and no additional addons.  Log file 
I guess this will be related to some Leia changes. Will look into it more. Hopefully the Addon API is stable enough, that it won't change anymore, since Leia is still in early Alpha.
(2018-04-11, 15:06)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 14:51)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-10, 19:15)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]Damn it. Can you please make the same log? If at least something changed?   
I guess this will be related to some Leia changes. Will look into it more. Hopefully the Addon API is stable enough, that it won't change anymore, since Leia is still in early Alpha.  
 I'm going to install an earlier kodi as portable and see if I have the same difficulty and post the result.

Tried and, unfortunately, same result.  Hard to believe I'm the only one with this problem! Huh
(2018-04-08, 22:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]I'm able to play videos now, but, I'm still getting locked up when exiting Kodi.  Kinda makes the skill a no go for me.  Here's my latest log.  I'll keep watching to see if this ever gets corrected.  Thanks.  
Same problem here.
Help please!!
The skill stopped working for me & not sure why so I started troubleshooting.
I upgraded to the latest version of the kodi plugin, created a new device name and secret in the kodiconnect website and also unlinked the Alexa skill from my kodiconnect account.
Now when I try to "enable" the kodi video skill in the Alexa portal I am presented with the popup to the kodiconnect website showing me logged in with the correct email address and the options to Allow, Deny or Logout.
When I click allow I'm given an Alexa error page stating " We were unable to link Kodi Video at this time. "

Any ideas please short of registering a new account on kodiconnect with a new email?

HI,

I would love to be added to the beta test of this skill, but cannot send PM to you for some reason.  What can I do?