Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi could you add my email as well please?

Many thanks
(2018-04-25, 13:30)Lokibaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi could you add my email as well please?

Many thanks
Hey, I've added you. You can remove your email from the post
thanks
Hi thanks for adding me. I am stuck on connecting the add on to the server. I get a 'kodi connect error' . I tried deleting device from server page and adding a new one but I still get the same error. I have configured with same email I sent you and entered the secret multiple times incase I got it wrong.

Kodi Web server is setup and I can access it from the Internet.
This looks amazing! Would you mind adding me to server list?
(2018-04-25, 21:39)Lokibaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi thanks for adding me. I am stuck on connecting the add on to the server. I get a 'kodi connect error' . I tried deleting device from server page and adding a new one but I still get the same error. I have configured with same email I sent you and entered the secret multiple times incase I got it wrong.

Kodi Web server is setup and I can access it from the Internet.
Could you enable debug logs in Kodi, and send the log file to me? Because this indeed seems kinda weird
(2018-04-27, 01:02)Tastiestjewfish Wrote: [ -> ]This looks amazing! Would you mind adding me to server list?
Sure, just PM me with your Alexa connected email. Either here or on the Reddit.
Hello and thanks for adding me to the Serverlist!

works great but only till 0.1.8 for my setup, when i install the Addon Version 0.1.13 or 0.1.15 i get a Error Message.

My Setup is KodiBuntu 16.1.

the Log shows me..
Quote:12:19:57 T:140419393287936  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] periodic_callback
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping Tunnel
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping client
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Joining Tunnel Thread
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Exit
12:20:13 T:140419329853184   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(25, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
12:20:15 T:140419393287936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                from tornado.websocket import websocket_connect
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/websocket.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                import tornado.web
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/web.py", line 88, in <module>
                                                from tornado import iostream
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/iostream.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                from tornado.netutil import ssl_wrap_socket, _client_ssl_defaults, _server_ssl_defaults
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/netutil.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                _client_ssl_defaults = ssl.create_default_context(
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:21:19 T:140422556665920  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

I have a log ready to send. How can I send it to you? I cannot seem to find away of PMing it to you on here or Reddit.

Thanks
(2018-04-27, 13:17)Lokibaz Wrote: [ -> ]I have a log ready to send. How can I send it to you? I cannot seem to find away of PMing it to you on here or Reddit.

Thanks
you can find my name on Reddit, and PM me there.
Or you can upload it on pastebin, and post link here
(2018-04-27, 12:30)madmarf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thanks for adding me to the Serverlist!

works great but only till 0.1.8 for my setup, when i install the Addon Version 0.1.13 or 0.1.15 i get a Error Message.

My Setup is KodiBuntu 16.1.

the Log shows me..
Quote:12:19:57 T:140419393287936  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] periodic_callback
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping Tunnel
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping client
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Joining Tunnel Thread
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Exit
12:20:13 T:140419329853184   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(25, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
12:20:15 T:140419393287936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                from tornado.websocket import websocket_connect
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/websocket.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                import tornado.web
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/web.py", line 88, in <module>
                                                from tornado import iostream
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/iostream.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                from tornado.netutil import ssl_wrap_socket, _client_ssl_defaults, _server_ssl_defaults
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/netutil.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                _client_ssl_defaults = ssl.create_default_context(
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:21:19 T:140422556665920  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
Ah yes, this is related to the old version of Kodi. It doesn't work on 16.x, as it's just too old. If you're willing to updated to 17.x, it will start working for you
Just sent via Reddit. Thanks again!
I want to test the skill, to which email address should I send the request because when I try to view the tkislan email in your profile I am not allowed to see it.
I can already send the request thanks (Email on GitHub ). I hope they add me, to be test the skill.
I was running kodi 16. I have updated to 17 and all is working. Thank you so much for all your hard efforts and help.