Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah, thank you for this, but....only in English...

I have another question to your answer above. You said that functionality it is limited by what Amazon opens in their API, but when i ask alexa to show me, for example "movies", she answered, Ok, here is movie list, but nothing happens, same with action movies, she listed them.
Is this also limited by api?
(2018-05-02, 08:41)Superbert Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thank you for this, but....only in English...

I have another question to your answer above. You said that functionality it is limited by what Amazon opens in their API, but when i ask alexa to show me, for example "movies", she answered, Ok, here is movie list, but nothing happens, same with action movies, she listed them.
Is this also limited by api?
If you only ask for movies, without specifying genre/actors/title, it fails to find anything .. but this is a bug in my addon, which I will fix eventually.
But if you ask for action movies, Kodi does show you a list right?
Hi Tomas.

This skill looks realy fantastic. Can you please add me to the test group. I will send you my email address on your reddit account.

Thanks very much.
(2018-05-02, 16:36)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]But if you ask for action movies, Kodi does show you a list right?

Yes, this is right.
I've finally managed to track down the issue with addon hanging up the whole Kodi application when exiting, and fixed it in the new 0.1.17 version.
Tested it myself in on Windows 10 in VMware.

CC @nigelH @Ondskan @bobrap
(2018-05-03, 11:09)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally managed to track down the issue with addon hanging up the whole Kodi application when exiting, and fixed it in the new 0.1.17 version.

Congratulations and thank you very much!  Kodi exits fine now.  Appreciate your perseverance on fixing this.
Hi Tkislan.

I've sent you an email with my Amazon email. Thanks so much for your efforts, I would love to test and provide feedback as much as possible.

Regards
(2018-05-03, 15:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-03, 11:09)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally managed to track down the issue with addon hanging up the whole Kodi application when exiting, and fixed it in the new 0.1.17 version.

Congratulations and thank you very much!  Kodi exits fine now.  Appreciate your perseverance on fixing this. 
 Same for me on Nvidia Shield. Thumbs up. Great work.
Hi Tkislan, 

I have tried to PM you but it says permission denied on this forum.  I would like my email adding to the list so I can try it out too please.

Thanks.
Hello Sir, 
I also want the Kodi Video Skill for amazon exho.
Can you please add my email address?
(2018-05-08, 13:32)malav20 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Sir, 
I also want the Kodi Video Skill for amazon exho.
Can you please add my email address?
Sure, just send me your email. If you can't PM me here, you can find my username on reddit
(2018-04-28, 21:07)11binary Wrote: [ -> ]so I'm trying to get this to work. I'm running on a fire tv 4k and echo plus. I have the skill enabled and paired. running the latest zip file in kodi. my kodi instance is named firetv. kodi connect add-on connects I can pause and play with Alexa. but if I say Alexa play interstellar it's finds it on Amazon prime not in kodi. any help would be awesome.
 I'm having this exact problem on a fire tv and two fire sticks. It just says "Here's [name of show or movie]" and brings up an Amazon  prime screen. It works fine on my windows computer though. Any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong?
I am still unable to PM you with my email on this forum. I sent you a PM on reddit to add me to the beta.
(2018-05-10, 01:48)DonBrutto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-28, 21:07)11binary Wrote: [ -> ]so I'm trying to get this to work. I'm running on a fire tv 4k and echo plus. I have the skill enabled and paired. running the latest zip file in kodi. my kodi instance is named firetv. kodi connect add-on connects I can pause and play with Alexa. but if I say Alexa play interstellar it's finds it on Amazon prime not in kodi. any help would be awesome.
 I'm having this exact problem on a fire tv and two fire sticks. It just says "Here's [name of show or movie]" and brings up an Amazon  prime screen. It works fine on my windows computer though. Any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong? 
I actually don't know how to make Alexa to not go for Amazon by default. I don't have fire stick, so can't test myself, and multiple people are reporting this issue.
My best bet would be to ask someone from Amazon support.
In your Alexa app, go to Music / Books / Video and then set your default video skill to Kodi Video.