Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tkislan, I'm not able to pm you for some reason. Can you pm me so I can reply with my amazon email address so I can try it out?
Edit:
Everything ok now, after test phase ended, i now create a new device with a new secret....
I am getting an error that I can not connect to Kodi connect and Alexa skill can't find any devices is there and see things I need to be in Kodi. I am running kodi18
Hi, great addon by the way, one quirk I have found, is that if you have an entire show watched, it won’t play anything, until you have ‘unwatched’ it...!

Also, if you want someone to alpha test the PVR side of your video skil, I’m more than happy to test.

This seems to be the best and easiest dev skill to enable, although I must admit, it does throw up some interesting results sometimes! (Only due to alexa preferring Amazons library... odd that!)
(2018-07-14, 06:18)Achapajr Wrote: [ -> ]Tkislan, I'm not able to pm you for some reason. Can you pm me so I can reply with my amazon email address so I can try it out?
 You wouldn't be able to reply anyway. You can PM me on reddit (same username)
(2018-07-17, 07:39)Shaboobala Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting an error that I can not connect to Kodi connect and Alexa skill can't find any devices is there and see things I need to be in Kodi. I am running kodi18
If Kodi connect addon won't connect, then Alexa won't be able to find it.
Can you enable debug logging in Kodi, and upload the logs somewhere?
Don´t see the skill in my alexa skills list Sad
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/kbK5W6BmYY/

That should be the log thank you
(2018-07-19, 02:31)Shaboobala Wrote: [ -> ]https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/kbK5W6BmYY/

That should be the log thank you
You didn't enable debug logging in Kodi. But there is no error log from kodi connect addon.
Sorry about that. New log with debug and Kodi connect error.https://paste.kodi.tv/unakaqamuz
tkislan, I am also unable to PM you on this forum, but I did send you a message on reddit (different username).  Would love to test this when you get a chance to add me.  Thanks
Hello Tkislan,

your skill looks perfect. I am french.
Is it possible to use it? Please let me know.
Would love to do it.

thanks a lot.
(2018-07-20, 21:17)Shaboobala Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that. New log with debug and Kodi connect error.unakaqamuz (paste)
Code:

ERROR: WARNING:tornado.general:SSL Error on 108 ('46.101.194.37', 443): [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)

This is the error, and it seems, that there is some issue with the installation on device you're running the Kodi on
(2018-07-21, 23:27)Nakash Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Tkislan,

your skill looks perfect. I am french.
Is it possible to use it? Please let me know.
Would love to do it.

thanks a lot.
Hi, Yes it is possible, you'll just need to change your content country in your Amazon account
(2018-07-22, 09:10)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-20, 21:17)Shaboobala Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that. New log with debug and Kodi connect error.unakaqamuz (paste)
Code:

ERROR: WARNING:tornado.general:SSL Error on 108 ('46.101.194.37', 443): [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)

This is the error, and it seems, that there is some issue with the installation on device you're running the Kodi on 

Hi I am having this same error in my old Windows 8 machine, on Windows 10 it works ok .. not sure though if it's Windows related, but only difference at the moment that was obvious to me.