Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-08-16, 10:41)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-14, 18:05)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tomas,
  Just recently the skill is returning a max of 10 movies when i ask for "show comedy movies" or "show movies with 'actor'".  Should I be seeing all of the movies that fit or is there a new limitation?
 It was always limiting it to 10 movies. So that they all fill into the screen, and you don't have to scroll.  
Would it be possible to make this variable?  Maybe as a field in the settings.

Also, I was wondering if there was any progress in getting Amazon to certify the skill.
@mikeyboomboom @wezzlewoo 
I've added your emails

Link to enable the skill
(2018-08-25, 00:53)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-16, 10:41)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-14, 18:05)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tomas,
  Just recently the skill is returning a max of 10 movies when i ask for "show comedy movies" or "show movies with 'actor'".  Should I be seeing all of the movies that fit or is there a new limitation?
 It was always limiting it to 10 movies. So that they all fill into the screen, and you don't have to scroll.   
Would it be possible to make this variable?  Maybe as a field in the settings.

Also, I was wondering if there was any progress in getting Amazon to certify the skill. 
I can look into it.

I honestly don't know when, because I really don't have that much free time anymore.
@tkislan  Hey bud I am still waiting for your invite. I've sent you an e-mail on this forum with my  alexa e-mail. 
Here is anyway.
[email protected]

Thanks.
@Macpatto I've added you
@tkislan Thank you for the invite..  I had it configured and set up in not time.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put on this.

Cheers 
JC
I have a question,  I have the Dish Network skill on my Alexa, so when I try this one out it's defaulting to Dish. example

"Echo, play Mad Max" <- Me
"Getting Mad Max from Dish Network" <- Alexa

is there any easy'ish way to add another word to the query? I use to run the AWS one where I had to say "Echo tell kodi to play..."  For now I guess I'll just go disable the Dish one since I don't use it much, but I'm curious if this is something I can do a work around.
@tkislan Hey, i would love to use your Skill Smile
Sadly Private Messages won't work so here is my E-Mail: [email protected]

Thank you
Please add me to the list. Thanks!

[email protected]
@chakratos @jkbrower Hi, I've added you both. You can find a link few pages back.
(2018-08-27, 00:49)quebert Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question,  I have the Dish Network skill on my Alexa, so when I try this one out it's defaulting to Dish. example

"Echo, play Mad Max" <- Me
"Getting Mad Max from Dish Network" <- Alexa

is there any easy'ish way to add another word to the query? I use to run the AWS one where I had to say "Echo tell kodi to play..."  For now I guess I'll just go disable the Dish one since I don't use it much, but I'm curious if this is something I can do a work around.
Could you try something like "Echo, play Mad Max on Kodi Video", or "Echo, play Mad Max on <device name you've entered on kodi connect page>" ?
(2018-08-27, 10:29)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]@chakratos @jkbrower Hi, I've added you both. You can find a link few pages back.

edit: Got the invitation link to work in chrome on Windows (Chrome on Android didn't worked)
Thank you very much

edit2:
But now it can't find any of my 2 Kodi instances that are running on Raspberry Pi's. They are connected to the same network and can be controlled via the network.

edit3:
Forget what i was saying, now it works!
When you created the Kodi Connect account.. what name did you use in there. (Kodi)? If that, then this is how it works.
Ask:
“Alexa play iron man on Kodi.”
She wil response:
“Playing iron man from kodi”.
Or what ever name you have assigned to it.
As you, I used AWS skill wich worked great for me, one thing I found is that if you leave AWS skill on your Kodi set-up you can use the “stop” function that apparantley does not work on this skill.
By Asking:
“ Alexa to tell Kodi to stop”
Also I can still use that skill to navigate
thru the entire Kodi interface.

Hope that helps!!
Any plans to create this skill for Australia region?
(2018-08-27, 21:07)Macpatto Wrote: [ -> ]When you created the Kodi Connect account.. what name did you use in there. (Kodi)? If that, then this is how it works.
Ask:
“Alexa play iron man on Kodi.”
She wil response:
“Playing iron man from kodi”.
Or what ever name you have assigned to it.
As you, I used AWS skill wich worked great for me, one thing I found is that if you leave AWS skill on your Kodi set-up you can use the “stop” function that apparantley does not work on this skill.
By Asking:
“ Alexa to tell Kodi to stop”
Also I can still use that skill to navigate
thru the entire Kodi interface.

Hope that helps!!
Unfortunately, "stop" issue is cause by Amazon, which I can't do anything about.
Also, navigation through voice is in no means a smart way how to control a TV, and definitely not the fastest one ...