Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, can i please be added? Thanks!
Hi Could you please add me [email protected] Thnaks
Hey,
So I have one Kodi in my bedroom being run on an amazon fire tv and its working perfect. However, when trying to connect my downstairs one in the same way, the Alexa app can only find one device. It will not find the second device. I have tried renaming the downstairs Kodi and getting a new secret but still no luck. Can I only have one Kodi in the Kodi connect skill?
Hi,

would like to try this too, can you add me so i can find the alexa skill? [email protected]
Please add [email protected]. Thanks
I have already completed Step 1 and 2. Please add [email protected]. Thanks
Hi,
When added, can you find skill in the Alexa app, or does it have to be set up through the web address

Many thanks

Kyle
Can you please add [email protected]        Many Thanks
Hello i want a register also please. [email protected] thank you very very much.
Hello i want a register also please. [email protected] thank you very very much.
Hi everyone.
Sorry for not watching this in some time. I was only replying to emails, as that is way easier to track.
But I was trying to get the skill certified, but Amazon is very shady here, and denied it with very vague explanation, as the Kodi might be used with pirated content, or/and that it doesn't fit into their environment (whatever that means)
So past few days I was working on automated system, where users will be able to add themselves to the Beta test automatically through the web page, and the server will be doing automatic 90 day restarts of the beta tests, and re-inviting all of the users. (Basically what I've been doing manually up until now). This will still pose a small issue, that users will probably have to re-enable the skill every 90 days, but I guess that is a small tax for not needing to host anything yourselves. But later on, I will implement this on the Kodi connect page, so that users will be able to deploy the skill themselves, so they won't need to deal with these beta test charades. But that requires quite some work.
So please stay tuned, I will have this automatic beta test signup up and running in a day or two. 🙏
So is there no possibility of getting this skill certified?
(2018-12-03, 13:36)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]So is there no possibility of getting this skill certified?
Doubtful it ever will, same thing happened with another skill looking to get approved https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2760637
(2018-12-03, 13:36)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]So is there no possibility of getting this skill certified?
I really don't know. I will still try to convince them somehow, or even create some movement from the community, because there is really a lot of people that are still currently using it.
But until that happens, I guess this will be better than nothing.
At least for myself, as I really use it daily.
Can You please add me [email protected]