Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moving the tags and pause overlays into the video area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to movie the bottom and top row of the controls and tags shown when a movie is paused so that they are inside the video area, instead of above and below it. For instance I want to shift the bottom row (with the pause, stop, FF, REW buttons and tags such as 4K and audio type) up by around 300 (?) pixels, and shift the top row of status messages down about 300 pixels?

Here is the reason - I have a 2.40 aspect ratio screen, and when I watch a 2.35/2.37/2.40 movie, I zoom the project image out, so that the top/bottom black bars are off the screen and the content nicely fills the entire screen. However in doing this I cannot see these pause buttons/controls/tags, because of course they are on off the screen and onto the dark masking where they are really hard to read.  I assume others in my situation have the same issue. So I am wondering if there is a built in offset for shifting this up/down, I guess sort of like how subtitles can be shifted around.  Is there such a thing, and if so where can I find it? If not, how can I submit a feature request to the Kodi team for this? Thank you very much.
It'll be set in whichever skin you're using. If it's still the default one then it's either Estuary our Estouchy depending if you're using the touch optimised one or not. If you go to settings > interface settings > skin it will tell you which skin is currently in use.

For such mods you're best off asking in the skinning section here in the relevant thread for the skin.