Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to tell when titles are missed by scraping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had some files that were not named correctly, so when I added a source and scanned the library, it picked up one all the titles except a few that were not named correctly. However I had no way to notice this - when in the Movies section it didn't show them with dummy/unknown placeholders (which is what I would have thought it would do), and instead just omitted them. When doing a full library it would be easy to not realize it had skipped some titles. Is there some way to get a report or a list, so that after a scan we can know which names need to be corrected and re-scanned?
Hi @kaybird

In future, make use of the Event Log after a Library Update. I say "in future" because the log is not persistant and resets with each restart of Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Event_Log
Thank you. That was incredibly helpful, and indeed it does list the titles that it could not match there.  Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem like Kodi should show a warning message and a listing of titles missed? Or at least a warning message that says "X titles could not be matched, check the log for details"? Now that I'm aware of this I'll try to remember each time. But it would be nice if it automatically told you. Especially for people that have it scanning in the background. Once you close the session and the logs are lost you'll have no idea something was missed, until you go to look for it, perhaps days, weeks or months later.
Funnily, it is something the developers were discussing on the weekend. The suggestion was to place a red flag on the Settings button to indicate there are Event Logs to be viewed. Something that is not intrusive, but is easily visible. Keeping the log persistent was also discussed.

Early stages, but at least it is being considered. Smile
Thanks. Is this an online discussion I can join, and if so, a link please? Personally I'd want it to display a dialog box with a list of all titles that failed to match. I imagine this is also really important for those that have a "scan automatically/refresh" option set. Because they would think titles were getting picked up when they weren't, then close the session and lose the log and never know.

I think the best solution actually would be to put a dummy placeholder in the movies list which played it back when clicked on. So people could see they have x y z listed without a proper match... No logs needed then, and mismatched titles could still be played back.
Sorry, no. The developers channels are for Team Members only.

There are a number of threads regarding this request in Feature Requests sub-forum that you can add to, or add your thoughts here in this thread. The developers will see them Smile

All that is really needed is an add-on to scan unmatched movies into the library. There used to be an addon scraper called JustUseTheFilename. It did exactly that. Read the filename, and that was the entry in the library. Unfortunately, the original author no longer maintains it, so if some member knows how to fix, then you might be very popular among the community... Sect 1... http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_t...tom_videos