Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Playback Stops Randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi is having an issue where it cant play a whole season of a show without stopping at some point. The video would just disappear and the screen will show the episode list.

This happens after playing 6 or 12 or even 20 episodes, it is purely random. (On previous box I could play all 9 seasons of the x files without a hitch back to back, sumvision cyclone x4).
In some cases I can barely get 10 mins into an episodes before the video disappears. When I play the video again it asks for resume or start from beginning.
Is there anything in settings I can change to make this problem go away.
My videos are on a network shared hdd via smb
Kodi 17.6 Running on Amlogic VORKE Z6 with Android 7.1.2 API. Link to log

When I try smpc I cant even get the videos to play unless i disable hardware acceleration under amcodec. crash log
Everything seems fine after doing this  but after a few episodes the audio randomly drops out. I noticed that previous episode plays fine but the next episodes plays without audio. What is even stranger is the audio sometimes just randomly comes back on in the middle of the same or another episode.(when the audio does return it drops out again if i try to switch to bluetooth audio)  I attached  the smpc log. The audio drop occurs around 0132hrs and and 0133hrs mark as one episode finishes and the next episode begins. smpc log