Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.6 Constantly Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a TV box which had Kodi 17.1 installed on it - it was crashing occasionally, so via the play store on the TV Box i updated it to 17.6.

Now, it is crashing more than ever! I have deleted all the Kodis Apps cache and main data - this uninstalled all the add ons, etc and everything looked clean. I installed the Indigo add on so i could clear the cache easily and also the Kodi Log Uploader app aswell.

It is still crashing all the time though - what generally happens is you can be moving the mouse around (or just leave it unattended for a few minutes) and then the screen will freeze - the mouse has no movement and the keyboard no affect.

I managed to get the logs though - 

I had a crash at 20:19 when i clicked to Add Source and also at 20:24, it appeared to just freeze when i left it for a bit.

Here are the uploaded logs - 
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26472631/

and the other - 

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26472701/

I`m completely new to Kodi so bear with me!

Thanks, Mike
Oh - Android version is 6.0.1 4.6Gb Internal Storage and 818Mb of memory of which there is about 350Mb free - which seems bit of an odd value and not much!
Please read the piracy policy (wiki), especially the banned addons (wiki) list.

Your device contains several of them (installing indigo was about the worst thing you could have done) and whilst they are in place then we can offer no support here as the device violates our forum rules (wiki).

I would recommend you start again with a clean install after your reading.
ah - ok, sure - i didn`t realise that indigo was a bad one to have in there! i only installed it so i could clear the cache (although i`ve found another way to do that now)

I was trying to get to a fresh clean install to be honest - i thought by deleting all the data, i would have a fresh install. The main reason i got the box was because our samsung tv  - the software on it hangs all the time as they aren`t supporting our model anymore!

I`ll try seeing if i can work out how to get it uninstalled and start from a fresh - are there any guides around for this. I`ll have a read of those links you posted.

Thanks
On android do a clear of the app cache and data and you should be back to a fresh install.

Either that or just uninstall and reinstall.
I have a similar problem. Just downloaded Kodi 17.6 from the play store. It crashes just after startup. I get the opening page then its gone. No chance for logs. My device is an android tv box, android 5.1.1 plenty of spare memory and nothing else running. I download again but no go. Obviously no addons yet.

Regards
Greg
You should still have a debug log (wiki) if it got that far, but you'll have to grab it manually.

See the advanced part of the link above for details of how to get it.
I have the same thing. Did you ever get a solution?  My kodi never crashed until it installed Kodi 18 and now with Kodi 18.1 it crashes everytime I don't exit fast enough. Too novice to uninstall kodi and reinstall. I am afraid of doing something wrong.
(2019-03-09, 18:12)tikimom Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same thing. Did you ever get a solution?  My kodi never crashed until it installed Kodi 18 and now with Kodi 18.1 it crashes everytime I don't exit fast enough. Too novice to uninstall kodi and reinstall. I am afraid of doing something wrong.

Simplest way is to go to the play store. Find Kodi by searching and then press "uninstall". When the button changes to "install" you've successfully uninstalled Kodi and you just press the button again to reinstall it.
Thank you. I did as you said, but when I went to reinstall it gave me a error about a "scrapper"-- . It went by the screen so fast that I didn't catch the exact wording, but I think I caught XBMC and failed. Should I do it again or will that botch me up more?