Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Latest V18 Alpha's post 25th Jan - Problems with Titan Beta Skin 3.8.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I've noticed a problem with Kodi v18 Alpha 64bit nightly versions 25th Jan and later with the Titan beta 3.8.3 Skin.

If I try to go into the "EGP" or "Add-ons" screens the screen goes black and Kodi crashes immediately (OK on std Estuary Skin)

It works ok on nightly versions 24th or earlier, is this a known problem that will be fixed in next beta skin release

(2018-01-29, 10:47)i0zjh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I've noticed a problem with Kodi v18 Alpha 64bit nightly versions 25th Jan and later with the Titan beta 3.8.3 Skin.

If I try to go into the "EGP" or "Add-ons" screens the screen goes black and Kodi crashes immediately (OK on std Estuary Skin)

It works ok on nightly versions 24th or earlier, is this a known problem that will be fixed in next beta skin release

Does anybody else have the same issue, or is it just me, I'm not sure if Marcel is around at the moment as havent seen any updates or replies to posts recently. Can anybody else help me, have reverted to Kodi std skin at the moment so I can keep using the recent nightlies?
I confirm that the problem is the same.
I am not sure about Titan but Rapier broke for me on the 25th. Since then the nightlies crash if Rapier skin is installed.
@maxenric

You have posted this in three threads. None of your posts contain any information of value. It is just a simple statement.

If you want help, then start providing debug logs (wiki) or you will find that you will be just talking to yourself.
fix  -  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327833

with Kodi v18 Alpha 64bit nightly versions – 03.02.-2018 – 4de5826c still crashes when playing movies, not music. windows 10 pro 64 bit
(2018-02-03, 21:25)godeli Wrote: [ -> ]fix  -  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327833

with Kodi v18 Alpha 64bit nightly versions – 03.02.-2018 – 4de5826c still crashes when playing movies, not music. windows 10 pro 64 bit
 Working fine again for me now with latest nightly alpha releases :-) Worried about having to move away from Titan skin soon as not sure is still being actively maintained by Marcel as haven't seen any comments by him for a while now. I hope its only temporary as tried lots of skins before sticking with this one its excellent (do understand though that the effort needed to maintain it and answer everyone's questions must eat up your free time completely!!)
just updated to today's nightly leia and titan is crashing all over the place launching any video or video addon. Linux version.
(2018-02-11, 17:00)norien Wrote: [ -> ]crashing all over the place
Not really helpful. Please provide a Debug log (wiki) which captures the crashes
Yes I understand that and I'm not looking for assistance. This was more of a heads up for others to hold off on updating until a fix is ready.
Ok. Thanks. But there is no other report of crashing. And if there is a problem... well we rely on the Alpha Testers (that is what you are, as you are using it) to report the crash and supply logs.

If you don't want to do that, then there is a very good chance it won't be fixed.
Ah very nice, i would start a thread with this problem but im not the only one, so im write here.

I have same issues. When i click on addons or diretcly some addons kodi crashes. The same when i click on series or movies in the homescreen. When i switch back to estuar.. it works fine.
So i have upload a log i hope there you can see something. Here the log and here a log after crash with switching to estuar... 
Im running the kodi 18 alpha from today and the latest titan from marcels beta repo.
I'm having same issue, I shall post log tonight, hope marcel is around to troubleshoot this issues
(2018-03-05, 23:00)t123thomas Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having same issue, I shall post log tonight, hope marcel is around to troubleshoot this issues
 Log file
http://ix.io/Fhm