Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Support for Google Live Channels as a PVR source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

With Google Live Channels having been released and supported through SiliconDust tuners, has anyone looked into making an addin for it to be an official PVR source? I did some searches, but unfortunately searching for "Google Live" or "Live Channels" did not return any valid results.

The free guide makes me consider those android boxes as a viable ServerWMC alternative, but I'd only switch if I could keep Kodi all-in-one-ness.

It also kind of makes me wonder if SiliconDust is eating their own DVR solutions lunch, but that is secondary to the question.

Any/all info is greatly appreciated.
Moved to Feature Requests
(2018-01-30, 05:41)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to Feature Requests
 Thanks, Sorry about that. Didn't even think about it in that light.
Live channels isn't a service... its guide and feeds are from independent applications that support its framework. So there really isn't anything to add to Kodi.
(2018-01-30, 22:02)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Live channels isn't a service... its guide and feeds are from independent applications that support its framework. So there really isn't anything to add to Kodi.
 I thought it was doing it's own rendering and recording, or is it using another app for recording?

(Also using it as a free guide source would be amazing, I guess?)