Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 4K with TVOS11.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Audio passtrought doesn't works with TVOS11.3 :-(
it works fine with TVOS11.2.5

When can you make a release for this issue ?

BR,
"It doesn't work" is really not the best of bug descriptions.

(2018-01-30, 14:33)Poluxx Wrote: [ -> ]When can you make a release for this issue ?
Probably sometime this year. First the source of the problem has to be identified.
It’s clear ! No audio with pass trough activited. I heard a sound like white noise.
(2018-01-30, 14:33)Poluxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

BR,
I assume that this error is not a Kodi problem but a bug in the tvos software 11.3

This is a beta, so we have to wait for further releases by Apple, I remember that passthrough already in the release 11.x was a mistake.

guibaa
Ok wait and see

BR,
Mine behaves the same, the wife and I jumped out off our skin the first time! lol Pass through disabled for the time being Big Grin
Set speakerconfig to 5.1 and disable pass through for the time being. Are you sure your atv4k audio settings are set to 16bit pcm? (In the appletv4k settings)
(2018-01-30, 17:07)guibaa Wrote: [ -> ]

BR,
I assume that this error is not a Kodi problem but a bug in the tvos software 11.3 
 Yes, I get the same in Infuse Pro. But I have been told buy an Infuse developer that the ATV still happily (and losslessly) transcodes to LPCM 5.1/7.1 with the audio passthrough disabled. It seems to do the same in Kodi, so it isn't really an issue unless an AVR doesn't support multichannel LPCM.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon in tvOS 11.3, because also the video playback (especially in HDR) is a bit messy.
Users should stay away from tvos software 11.3 public beta. Specially the 1st few. Apple always breaks something critical with their betas, specially the 1st few.
(2018-02-05, 19:03)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Set speakerconfig to 5.1 and disable pass through for the time being. Are you sure your atv4k audio settings are set to 16bit pcm? (In the appletv4k settings)
 Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding. When the phrase "pass through" is used, I understand this to mean bit-streaming audio data to your receiver, which has not yet been decoded. I have always let my Apple TV pass 8 channel audio via LPCM. I always understood that the Apple TV 4K only supports the passthrough of Dolby Digital Plus. Is this discussion related to any other audio formats?

I also use Infuse, and I am not aware of any passthrough capability. (I am only aware of its internal decoding capability for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and their predecessors to LPCM.) The developer says to set the Apple TV's audio output to "Best Quality Available."

Am I missing out on an Apple TV feature that I'm unaware of? I love using Kodi on my Apple TV, but for Dolby Atmos / DTS:X movies, I use my Nvidia Shield which genuinely sends out the untouched signal to my Atmos / DTS:X receiver / setup.
Same problem with beta 2
Same problem with beta 3 Sad
Same problem with beta 4 Sad

When an update ?
(2018-03-07, 21:47)Poluxx Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem with beta 4 Sad

When an update ?

Here is a simple checklist:
  • Is the apple tv set to best audio available.
  • Is reduce loud sounds disabled.
  • Is your AVR or your TV 4k passthrough compliant(a extremely large number of AVR's and TV do not support 4k passthrough)
  • IS the current tvOS build installed a stable release and not a beta.
If you can say no to any of those above passthrough will not work on the majority of apps out there, apple breaks passthrough in betas, this isn't new.
You have to understand that this issue is Apple dependant and not Kodi Dependant. If it was Kodi it would not work in 11.0, 11.1, 11.2 but it did. Checking back passthrough did not work in 11.2 Beta 1 & 2, nor in 11.1 Beta. So a betting man would place his chips on the beta build being the culprit.
11.3 final and same problem lol
When can you make an update ?
Pages: 1 2 3