Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lirc and resume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have been able to get ubuntu 7.10 to s3 suspend to ram working correctly, and power back on by remote (mce remote)

However the only problem is lirc does not seem to reload on resume. Has anyone been able to get this working right?

Sorry, I know this isn't the best place for this question, but I've had no luck googling a solution, or by asking in lirc forums even mythtv forums...
I tried this a while ago. Best chances you have is to restart the service with a script in "etc/acpi/resume.d" Just try googling for "etc/acpi/resume.d"...

Good luck!
I have been looking around for a solution for this problem too. I can see a lot of peoples mentioning this problem, but non has any solution. I have not yet tried to restart lirc within the resume script.

teddy
I to am in search of a solution.

The problem is xbmc, not lirc in my case. Most people say restarting lirc should fix it, but it doesn't.

I've tested restarting lirc manually after a resume, but xbmc doesn't recognize it until xbmc is restarted.

I've also tested NOT restarting lirc after a resume, and restarting xbmc, and it works just like before. So the problem must lie with xbmc needing to re-initialize the remote.

Maybe a staff member can give us insight. Is there any way to tell xbmc to reinitialize the remote drivers without restarting the entire app?
The problem is in fact lirc, but not lircd, it's irexec and irxevent. They have to be restarted, irexec is no brainer, but I have some problem with irxevent. It needs a socket to the X server, but I have not figured out how to do this in a good way. Any clue?
I think you can forcebly restart lirc by
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
That would only restart lircd.
I think I read this thread to quickly, I though that was what you were after. Blush
anyo Wrote:I have been able to get ubuntu 7.10 to s3 suspend to ram working correctly, and power back on by remote (mce remote)

However the only problem is lirc does not seem to reload on resume. Has anyone been able to get this working right?

Sorry, I know this isn't the best place for this question, but I've had no luck googling a solution, or by asking in lirc forums even mythtv forums...
You wouldn't mind posting how you had it resume from s3 in the tips and tricks? I think lots would love this feature.
When I have figured out how to resume to a working state I can post a full howto on how to suspend and resume with the MCE remote.
I to have it suspending to S3 on hibernate-ram on a diskless boot. I have written down everything that I've done and also plan to do a howto, after I get lirc working out of suspend.

(I'm using the original xbox remote)
since I can't edit my post, sorry for making another one.

Am I even using irexec and/or irxevent? there is no trace of irxevent in the file system, but there is a /usr/bin/irexec.

I never set those two up, I just installed lirc, edited lircd.conf and hardware.conf, then I just used xbmc. I don't even have a /home/user/.lircrc
Topfs2 Wrote:You wouldn't mind posting how you had it resume from s3 in the tips and tricks? I think lots would love this feature.

Definately believe so!

I for one would love to be able to do that....
teddy Wrote:The problem is in fact lirc, but not lircd, it's irexec and irxevent.
What makes you think that. I've looked over my config again (checked running processes, etc.) and I am not using irexec or irxevent. irxevent doesn't exist on my system, and irexec is not running when the remote is working. So I don't think it's being used by xbmc.
I find it weird that /etc/init.d/lirc restart doesn't work.
When I do it here it says that it restart lircd and lirc modules.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallLirc/Gutsy
Quote:Restarting Lirc

Should you ever need to restart lirc due to adding a remote, or after a suspend or anything like that:

$ sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9