Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why is this album crashing Kodi every time I scan it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2G6Nt...HRpT2JURkk

I suspect it may have to do with the Japanese characters, except my other albums do not do this?

The log only give me this: 
Thread 4936 (process 1212)
# 0 memcpy
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6
# 7
# 8
# 9
#10 crt_at_quick_exit
#11 BaseThreadInitThunk
#12 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
#13 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

not so helpful

thanks
Hello StarBurns

Not sure what is in the download link, but it does not look like a debug log (wiki)

Can you create a debug log...
  1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the results to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Your first post is meaningless to me Starburns, but I take from the thread title you have a problem scanning a certain album.  Is the album this one https://musicbrainz.org/release/a411c507...7e4d1d1d3c ?

That is an odd album, not because of the Japanese characters, but because the two album artists are a single person mentioned twice. I am unable to test at the moment, but I beleive that could upset Kodi. However because of other tagging issues, I don't think that is what your experience is about so far.

The debug log shows the tags Kodi finds that it does not process, and that makes me wonder what tagging software you used? The tag names seem to be APEv2 format, that I would expect to see added to mp3 files not to flac. For Flac files Kodi reads Vorbis/Xiph comments see http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tags_Kodi_reads. Unfortunately the names of tags varies between different tag/file formats, Kodi simply follows the tag naming that Musicbrainz Picard uses, see https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/mappings/

It also says "Mis-match in song file albumartist tags: 2 mbid 1 name album: s(o)un(d)beams salyu × salyu", this means that the tagging is inconsistent - there are 2 Musicbrainz album artist ids found, but only one artist name.  That implies that there is no ALBUMARTISTS (note the "S")  tag

I think retagging this album ensuring it has Vorbis tags not APE (using Musicbrainz Picard) could help. Also ensure that tag ALBUMARTISTS = "Salyu / Salyu" is added (note the "S" and the slash-space-slash) . You can do it manually, but I would use Picard with a script
Code:
$setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%)

that does it for all the albums I tag.

But it is odd in that the 2 album artists are the same person, so this may still fail. In that case manually edit the tags, setting
ALBUMARTIST = "Salyu x Salyu"
ALBUMARTISTS = "Salyu"
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID = "b872b5f2-5250-4d2e-a9b4-b279e918657b"

You will then see "Salyu x Salyu" when the music plays, but only have "Salyu" listed on the artists node.

I actually think that the Musicbrainz data entry should only have one release artist, it could be riased with them.
None of that worked. I use Jaikoz and Tag&Rename. Also Picard with remove ID3 option checked did not work though.

I re-ripped CD and manually tagged everything. That worked.

I thought this was related to scraper ( not the scanner)  crashing on certain directories ( even if they were empty ) with simple names like "fleetwood mac" and "neil young - harvest". I change a few letters in the name and the crashing stopped. I don't have a debug and since renamed all the offending directories. But in that case it was a simple matter of the directory name and I had to rename 20 folders. Because of just going through this, I was not thinking tags were the issue as much as file/folder names.

Anyway to set Kodi to skip what it cannot parse rather than crash? <---- stupid question I know lol a "don't crash button"  duh.

thanks

P.S. Sorry about my first post. I was already nuts from working on this for hours. The link was a sample that would allow one to replicate the crash.
I vaguely remember there are problems with Jaikoz  and Flac files, it not correctly supporting multiple frame tags. Picard's remove ID3 option is obviously not designed to remove APE tags which it would not expect to be there in the first place.

Quote:I re-ripped CD and manually tagged everything
Well that would have cleared away the odd tags for sure.

Quote:I thought this was related to scraper ( not the scanner)  crashing on certain directories ( even if they were empty ) with simple names like "fleetwood mac" and "neil young - harvest". I change a few letters in the name and the crashing stopped. I don't have a debug and since renamed all the offending directories. But in that case it was a simple matter of the directory name and I had to rename 20 folders. Because of just going through this, I was not thinking tags were the issue as much as file/folder names.
That seems very odd. The music scrapers work on library items (album and artist) not on folders or files, and does not use folder or file names to identify anything. But no debug so can not comment further or investigate.

Quote:Anyway to set Kodi to skip what it cannot parse rather than crash
Generally it does, and recent versions are far more robust and flexible when it comes to making the best of tagging. We have users with over 30k of albums (130k of music files) and they scan without problem.

I will check out what happens with your "exotic" album with the same album artist twice, when I get the chance, but either way it is rather an exception.
Unfortunately I discovered that prob with Jaikoz AFTER I bought it. It does some weird stuff.

If I ever recreate the scraping issue I will be sure to get you a log. I took down the "samples" as to avoid any issues.

Thanks

Once I was sure it was a tag thing it solved quickly.
(2018-01-31, 11:44)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]But it is odd in that the 2 album artists are the same person, so this may still fail. In that case manually edit the tags, setting
ALBUMARTIST = "Salyu x Salyu"
ALBUMARTISTS = "Salyu"
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID = "b872b5f2-5250-4d2e-a9b4-b279e918657b"

You will then see "Salyu x Salyu" when the music plays, but only have "Salyu" listed on the artists node.

I actually think that the Musicbrainz data entry should only have one release artist, it could be riased with them. 
 ^ This is what I would do.  I see the A x B from time to time on Japanese artist credits, I think maybe it is a vocaloid thing more than anything else?

scott s.