Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Known issues in testing Kodi builds with Python 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this topic I will try to collect information about issues in current testing Kodi builds with Python 3. Please do not post your issue reports here and open a separate topic instead. I will put the information here if it is a confirmed issue with Kodi itself.

Known issues:
  • Numerous error messages in the Kodi log related to hahslib.py module (e.g. "ValueError: unsupported hash type blake2s"). Fixed in the last test builds.
  • On Windows binary PIL (or Pillow) Python package (script.module.pil) is incorrectly built against Python 2.7 and causes import errors.
  • In case of uncaught exceptions full traceback info is not written to the Kodi log. See this topic for more info. Fixed in the last test builds.
  • Some built-in modules are still missing (asyncio, decimal and some others).

P.S. @ronie Please pin this topic as well.
(2018-02-01, 12:23)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]In this topic I will try to collect information about issues in current testing Kodi builds with Python 3. Please do not post your issue reports here and open a separate topic instead. I will put the information here if it is a confirmed issue with Kodi itself.

Known issues:
  • Numerous error messages in the Kodi log related to hahslib.py module (e.g. "ValueError: unsupported hash type blake2s"). Fixed in the last test builds.
  • On Windows binary PIL (or Pillow) Python package (script.module.pil) is incorrectly built against Python 2.7 and causes import errors.
  • In case of uncaught exceptions full traceback info is not written to the Kodi log. See this topic for more info. Fixed in the last test builds.
  • Some built-in modules are still missing (asyncio, decimal and some others).

P.S. @ronie Please pin this topic as well. 
I need Asyncio support python 3.7 level for an addon that I am developing. Any ETA? perhaps Kodi 20? or perhaps in Kodi19 when is released?
i think it was added a few days ago. you should try a recent nightly build to check if it works ok.
thanks for your kindly response.