Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make menus highlight after changing menu color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! Quick question. I'm using the Aeon Nox skin. I've changed the font color on most of my menus to customize the look of my Kodi (doing some sweet gradients on a few of them in fact), which looks sharp, but now i've encountered a problem. Now when I scroll over to any of the menus i've changed the colors of, they no longer highlight. They simply stay the color I changed them to. There is no longer any sort of highlight on any menus I select that I have customized the colors of

It's not a huge problem, but when i've got like three or four customized menus in a row (like MOVIES, TELEVISION, MUSIC, PICTURES for example) it's a little tough to know exactly which one I am now on when scrolling through

Is there a way to restore the highlight option to these recolored menus? 

I basically want them to be recolored, but switch to the highlight, as it usually does, when selected
Anyone? 

I've tried multiple things, including a tutorial on how to change the focus font, so that even if it doesn't highlight I would at least be able to tell what menu I was on because the font would change. I followed it to the letter and rechecked every step, but even then it did nothing. It's bizarre. It's like the moment you change the color of your menu font it suddenly becomes chiseled in stone and nothing else can override it. You cannot highlight it, you cannot change the font, you can't do anything. It basically just become a static menu at that point

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated
Damn...no one? I'm sure it's not impossible to do. I just want it to treat my recolored menus like regular ones and highlight them when selected. I'm guessing it's literally like 1 small addition to the config file but sadly I don't know anything about it, or where to start to try and figure it out