Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Passthrough e.g. DTS-HD, Dolby True HD, etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Gentlemen,

I have a library of .mkv movies. Each movie is encoded with either DTS-HD, Dolby Digital True HD, and/ or  Dolby Digital EX. It appears that Kodi 17.6 (Current Version) is down mixing the DTS-HD to standard DTS, and Dolby Digital HD, EX to the standard Dolby Digital 5.1. I've checked my settings. The (pass-through) is enabled, and the Audio Output Device is set at Direct Sound: (HDMI ATI High Definition Audio Device). The Sony receiver that I own is very informative as to what signal is being received and at what bitrate. The configuration is a follows: Computer (ATI-HD Audio Device/ Video Card OUT) to (HDMI Sony receiver IN) 2 (HDMI Sony 65" TV IN).

In the days of the Jarvis, there was a separate setting for DTS-HD Master Audio is the audio settings. I was led to believe this setting was removed because it confused the End User. I would appreciate any input in resolving this particular issue. 

One last request. Would it be possible to provide a minimize button like other windows apps. This way troubleshooting can be so much easier. It becomes tedious opening and closing the program.
My first request: Post your Debug Log - it will exactly tell what AudioEngine finds when starting up.

And Pro-Tip: DirectSound cannot do DTS-HD. Set the Audio device to WASAPI.
First, I would like to thank Team Kodi for such a quick response. It is greatly appreciated. It Worked! I was unaware that by choosing WASAPI extends the options further under Expert view. 

Thank you, and I can't wait to start my journey with Leia. I am sure Carrie Fisher would be proud.
(2018-02-02, 00:53)the_inspector_069 Wrote: [ -> ]One last request. Would it be possible to provide a minimize button like other windows apps. This way troubleshooting can be so much easier. It becomes tedious opening and closing the program.
 Keyboard "backslash" \ cycles between windowed and full screen display modes.

scott s.
Hello, I have a nvidia Shiel TV, install KODI and am myself very well reproducing all my movies in MKV format.

Now about the sound, I set the passthoug to listen to DTS HD sounds and everything is fine, but the only thing that does not play Dolby TRUE HD audio

My sound bar is Sony HT-ST9- 7.1 Channel Audio

Please your help