Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: add context menu item to move video from one folder to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like many people, I watch movies through kodi.
At the moment I have all my movies, watched and unwatched, in one big folder.
The problem soon becomes apparent that I have a hard time remembering which movies I have watched already.
So... I'd like to change my setup so that I have one folder for all my unwatched movies, and one folder for the watched movies.

With that idea in mind, it would be very convenient for have the ability to bring up a context menu for a movie and tell the OS to move that file (or folder) to a new location.

e.g.
movies \ unwatched \ movie
movies \ watched \ movie

I'm looking for the correct place to start creating such a context menu item, but haven't found the right info to begin.

Thanks!
Simply use the file manager.
Kodi remembers what you have watched, and indicates it on the screen. You can also turn off seeing watched movies.
@Hitcher ... I'd like to be able to make the file move operation from the context menu, rather than have to switch to the file manage app and make operations there.

@nickr ... That's not really what I'm looking for. Kodi's own memory works find in kodi, but using a seperate folder for the watched movies provides that information even when not inside kodi. Also, the koodi "watched vs unwatched" function doen't work well if movies exist inside folders, as you can see te sttaus of a movie with decending into its folder and see the video file.

so I'm back to my original question, where would i start to build a new context menu option?

thanks
Make an context menu addon maybe.