Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folders not showing in files view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Full disclosure, this is a a fully working hackintosh and the problem started a about 2 months ago.

In the files section I have several sources set up that do not have content set. There are a few hundred folders in these sources but MANY do not even appear in my files view, they used to though. The problem is not restricted to one drive either. All my drives are NTFS formatted. All the folders I can't see in Kodi are fully accessable in Finder from the desktop and all the files within will play with any media player...VLC...Quicktime etc etc

If I boot into Windows and use Kodi from there, the problem does not exist. All the folders appear in the files view as they should.

This has been driving me nuts for a couple months now. I've been determined to fix it myself but I give up.

This is not a scraping issue.

The folders that don't appear do not have any weird characters in them and have the exact same security privileges as the folders that I can see.

EDIT: I have completely uninstalled KODI and started from scratch and nothing changes. Oddly enough the problem is even worse when I tried using the latest nightly for KODI 18. With KODI 18 NONE of the folders are visible when I add a source in the files view.
What do you mean with „it started 2 months ago“? What did change at that time? Also a debug log (wiki) from the event of failure is needed.
Well this is interesting. You got me thinking...I haven't installed anything new for the last few months other than Kodi updates Smile, OSX updates (unlikely to be the problem) and a newer version of Paragon NTFS for OSX.

I've just uninstalled Paragon NTFS and the problem has gone away. Quite odd. The reason I wasn't able to narrow it down to more than "a couple months ago" is I don't access these folders too often.

Now I'm off to Paragon support to see whats up and short of that I think I'll be looking at other solutions for writing to my NTFS media drives.

EDIT: Paragon’s support forums are not much help. One person describes a similar issue to mine but he can’t see some folders in Finder where that’s not my issue; I can’t see certain folders in Kodi. So weird.

I’ve uninstalled Paragon and am trying a 15-day trial of Tuxera and so far it’s working fine.
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I recently installed Paragon NTFS and everything seems fine for OS operations. But when I run Kodi, I cannot see any folder in any of my NTFS drives.

Could there be any solution other than uninstalling Paragon maybe?

cheers!
(2018-02-12, 23:34)toif Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I recently installed Paragon NTFS and everything seems fine for OS operations. But when I run Kodi, I cannot see any folder in any of my NTFS drives.

Could there be any solution other than uninstalling Paragon maybe?

cheers!

I have installed Tuxera and it works fine so far. Like you said, Paragon has been solid for me for years but lately with Kodi this weird issue has arisen. OS operations and everything else is fine with Paragon, it’s only Kodi....quite odd.

Edit..if there is a solution I was unable to find it. I literally spent about a dozen hours total over the last couple months trying to fix this. Paragon being the problem was the last thing I would have thought to try.