Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: musicvideo - artist - problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

If I click on musicvideo and then on artist the results will be displayed correctly. It shows how many videos the individual artists have. If I choose an artist then kodi don´t show any videos. I have this problem in kodi 17 and also it is in kodi 18. Will this problem be fix in kodi 18? Please find my debug logfile Kodi 18 nightly.

I also have this problem on my Shield.

https://pastebin.com/pCZYqQZS

Thank nomox22
Thanks for the log.  Kodi is running as designed.

You have to have an "album title" assigned to the music videos to see them in the artist or album nodes.   There is a settings option to show "all items" in  views but the "all albums" item won't show if there are 0 or 1 albums for the artist.

An alternative is to use the  "Titles" view and filter (left side blade menu) on artist name.

scott s.
Hello Scott,

didn´t know that. Thanks a lot.

I just add the "album" tag on my musicvideos and now everything is fine for me.

Again Thanks

nomox22
(2018-02-11, 10:01)nomox22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Scott,

didn´t know that. Thanks a lot.

I just add the "album" tag on my musicvideos and now everything is fine for me.

Again Thanks

nomox22
 Good.  I guess the assumption is that all released music is part of an "album" (better thought of as a "release").  I suppose there could be an exception for example a fancam of a live performance that includes unreleased music or maybe improvisation that is unique from any recording.  It that case it is probably OK to create a "pseudo-release" with a unique album title that you create in your nfo tags.  Note that in Kodi 18, embedded tags including album title in mp4 and mkv formats can be read during the video scan process, saving the need to also create an nfo file for your music videos.

scott s.