Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel - https://serverwmc.github.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question does anyone know how to correct my Serverwmc error when updating via the program?  I get this error: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel
I'm on Build 1247, assembly version 1.0.0.62 and getting the same error. Hopefully "krustyreturns" will have a chance to look at it. I can access the update url on the same machine in IE with no problem.

I think this may also be what is filling my system event log with "Schannel: The following fatal alert was received: 70." These events started 1/31/18 @2:00AM pacific time. I'm guessing maybe github changed allowed TLS versions? Krusty, are these set in the autoupdate project somewhere? I don't have my dev environment anymore but PM/email me if you have questions.
Sounds like something changed alright.  I will take a look.
The fix for this is going to require a manual install of serverwmc.  When I release it, I'll post about it in this forum sticky.
There is a pre-release version of serverwmc (1250) has a fix for this auto update problem.  Unfortunately it will need to be manually installed.  The zip file for the install package can be found on www.serverwmc.com.
Thank you!!!  Now I have a new issue.  My remote "OK/Select" button no longer works only when I select a file to play.  It works fine for navigation and only in your ServerWMC TV menu section.  Really odd.
@krustyreturns will this be moving to a stable release anytime soon? Any known issues with the beta release that has upgrading fixed?
Thanks
I should make it a stable release. I just just been away and lazy. No issues have been reported to me.