Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I've encountered an issue using the CBC Sports Add-on maintained by MetalChris, who specifies support requests for this add-on be made via the forums here at https://forum.kodi.tv

This add-on supports access to legal web feed content freely available to all IP addresses located within Canada.

When attempting to play Winter Olympics live streams using the CBC Sports Add-on from the "Live Schedule" menu, I receive a "Stream Not Available" error on screen.  Has anyone else encountered this issue or know a solution?  Other CBC Sports programming plays successfully, just not the Olympic streams.

I'm using the latest CBC Sports Add-on v0.0.2 and am located in Canada connecting from a Canadian IP address.  I've confirmed I can watch the same stream connecting from the same IP with Firefox under OSX, and using the free official CBC Sports Olympics iOS App from an iPad device.

I'm using Kodi v17.6 with the latest official OSMC release (Linux 3.14.29-55-osmc).

I've posted a complete debug log from a fresh boot at https://pastebin.com/KfaQp1MB

Kind regards,
Dave
Thanks @Dave E.

Lets ping @MetalChris so he can locate it.
I have a feeling the Olympic events are locked down, much the same way the NHL games are. Some NHL games are available through the CBC site, or official app, but won't work through this add-on. Valid subscriber credentials are required for those games, and as I do not have credentials to authenticate, I just made the add-on skip over any NHL games. I may end up doing the same thing for the Olympic events. I'll take a look and report back.
First off, thanks for taking the time to take a look at this.

I've done some checking/testing and have confirmed the content isn't locked down in the sense that it requires credentials or subscriber information.  I'm in a rural area in Canada and have no pay cable/sattelite TV services, but can still stream the CBC Olympic content for free from CBC's web site using a wide variety of browser/OS combinations, and via thier iOS app.  Neither asks for or requires registration or subscriber credentials to view the content.  

The only sense it appears the content is locked down is that it is region limited; you have to be using an IP address CBC's geo location software recognizes as originating in Canada. 

CBC has placed the Olympic content in a slightly different URL than other CBC sports content (which works fine BTW, thanks!) at https://olympics.cbc.ca

Kind regards,
Dave
(2018-02-10, 03:41)Dave E. Wrote: [ -> ]First off, thanks for taking the time to take a look at this.

I've done some checking/testing and have confirmed the content isn't locked down in the sense that it requires credentials or subscriber information.  I'm in a rural area in Canada and have no pay cable/sattelite TV services, but can still stream the CBC Olympic content for free from CBC's web site using a wide variety of browser/OS combinations, and via thier iOS app.  Neither asks for or requires registration or subscriber credentials to view the content.  

The only sense it appears the content is locked down is that it is region limited; you have to be using an IP address CBC's geo location software recognizes as originating in Canada. 

CBC has placed the Olympic content in a slightly different URL than other CBC sports content (which works fine BTW, thanks!) at https://olympics.cbc.ca

Kind regards,
Dave

I've checked, and can watch the streams direct from the website without the need for any credentials. However, the structure of the pages at https://olympics.cbc.ca is completely different than the main CBC sports site, as are the stream urls. I'll have to add some code to scrape these properly. Unfortunately, I have very little time this weekend, and zero time during the week. It's entirely possible the Olympics may be over before I get this working, but I'll give it a shot.
Had to give up today so I could work on my real life to-do list. You might want to check out the new Olympics Channel add-on from @Lunatixz. Not quite the same Canadian focused content as offered on CBC, but plenty of live events are available. Download his beta repository in his signature.
You might also try the CBC Olympics add-on just released by @fourpointsix. Seems to work well, and has full replays and condensed events available.
Thanks again for your efforts!

I took a look at the contributions from @fourpointsix and @Lunatixz, and both seem to work okay based on the limited testing I've completed so far.  Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Kind regards,
Dave
Just revisiting this to see if anything can be done.  CBC Sports addon (Kodi Repo) works great except for Live Schedule where you get a "stream not available" error. 
Can some folks report back and say if they have the same issue.  Thanks
I think the stuff under Live Schedule is a listing of shows to be aired during the day.  I don't think I've ever had it actually play a video.

Anyways the Live Schedule listing looks similar to the content from the following web page:  https://www.cbc.ca/sports/broadcast

Only some of these listings have a playable link.

The links with a LIVE icon on the left-hand side did play for me in a web browser.  The corresponding link in the Kodi CBC Sports video add-on did not play and instead later indicated "Stream not available".
(2020-03-08, 21:39)kodaksmith Wrote: [ -> ]The links with a LIVE icon on the left-hand side did play for me in a web browser.  The corresponding link in the Kodi CBC Sports video add-on did not play and instead later indicated "Stream not available".
Thanks for the quick response.  Is this something that can be made to work in Kodi?  It would be a great addition to the addon if it could.
(2020-03-09, 00:07)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this something that can be made to work in Kodi?

My guess is that it could be made to work.  If you have interest then you might try digging into the source code starting with the addon.py file to see if you can get it to work.
(2020-03-09, 17:26)kodaksmith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-09, 00:07)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this something that can be made to work in Kodi?

My guess is that it could be made to work.  If you have interest then you might try digging into the source code starting with the addon.py file to see if you can get it to work.
Is any of the recent work by learningit and kodaksmith on the CBC News addon applicable here?  In the past this was a really good addon, but none of the links are working now.
(2018-02-12, 17:38)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]You might also try the CBC Olympics add-on just released by @fourpointsix. Seems to work well, and has full replays and condensed events available.
MetalChris, just checking if you have looked at this addon lately.  I noticed at your site, the link for the addon was 0.0.3 but the zip was 0.0.2. 

Is the addon functional, if not, it would be great to get it working again, it is a fantastic outlet for the CPL and NT sports, thanks.
MetalChris

Just wondering if you will still be working on this great addon.  I often share the news about it and think it is a very popular and useful addon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18