Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Club 3D DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD Active Adapter "No sound"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I bought the Club 3D DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD Active Adapter today. Everything is beautiful and even detected a resolution of 3840x2160x60hz. The problem is with the lack of sound. The sound of the interface works when I turn music on vevo also works. The problem is with movies and TV. The receiver does not get any sound. Everything is well set up and should transmit sound but it does not work. Has anyone already encountered such a problem?
Post your Debug Log cause without that no one can help you.
I had same adapter, no sound and sent them back.
(2018-02-09, 20:20)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Post your Debug Log cause without that no one can help you.
 Now something has changed. Earlier I reset HTPC several times and there was no sound. I turned the HTPC off for a few hours and now I turned it on. Currently, the opposite is true. Now the sound works on movies and live TV and there is no menu and vevo.

This is my log
https://pastebin.com/cqSAYRVB
Sadly not a Debug Log - I cannot see what stream type was opened.

Things to play with: Disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video, Set Audio to Fixed 2.0 channels 48 khz.
Sorry

This is my log

http://pasted.co/e88d3ead

The interface sounds again and movies and TV do not work.
You did as I told you?

Configure Audio to Fixed 2.0 channels and 48 khz (44.1 is also fine)? Additionally don't enable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video"

Edit: And while at it make sure, the scaling algorithm is set to bilinear - you try to upscale full hd to 2160p which your GPU is too slow to do in high quality, that means sound might get muted as you skip too many frames.
I did as you wrote and checked the scaling method. It is bilinear. With these settings, the sound does not work anywhere.
This is my log.
The log is too big to put on pasted. So I gave it to another hosting.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pbvn4n
I see a lot of broken Tvheadend data.

If you talk about "the sound" - do you mean menusounds also stop working? 

Set it to FIXED 2.0 channels, 44.1 khz - this is the default menu sounds come up with.

Also play a local file on the local disk.
(2018-02-10, 13:09)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I see a lot of broken Tvheadend data.

If you talk about "the sound" - do you mean menusounds also stop working? 

Set it to FIXED 2.0 channels, 44.1 khz - this is the default menu sounds come up with.

Also play a local file on the local disk.
You misunderstood me.
1. Yesterday, when I connected my adapter to my reciver, I heard only the kodi interface sound (kodi menu), youtube and VEVO.

2. A few hours later I turned on the kodi again and the kodi interface (code menu), youtube and VEVO sound stopped working. I turned on the movie from my NAS server (DD + DTS) and it works. Then I checked the TVs and it also worked.

3. Today I turned on the kodi again and again it's like the first time (I hear only the kodi interface sound (kodi menu), youtube and VEVO.)

It looks like the driver is going crazy. In addition, I see on the reciver that the HDMI icon disappears when turning on the movie. It looks like there is no synchronization when releasing material AC3, E-AC3, DTS, TrueHD, DTS-HD

EDIT

I checked the FIXED 2.0 channels, 44.1 khz setting

Everything has sound on this setting. Works TV, Movies, Menu, Youtube and VEVO.
This is log
https://www.sendspace.com/file/kro3cm
Only I do not have 5.1 sound on the receiver. If the settings in menu kodi 5.1 + 44.1 khz then the sound does not work.
That's why I told you: Set kodi to "Fixed" 2.0 channels and 44.1 khz - with this setting in combination with keep Audio alive: always kodi always and really always sends the very same PCM stream. The only thing interrupting it is "Adjust Refreshrate to match video", therefore I asked you to disable it.

From the looks the adapter is a PITA - just return it.
(2018-02-10, 13:54)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I told you: Set kodi to "Fixed" 2.0 channels and 44.1 khz - with this setting in combination with keep Audio alive: always kodi always and really always sends the very same PCM stream. The only thing interrupting it is "Adjust Refreshrate to match video", therefore I asked you to disable it.

From the looks the adapter is a PITA - just return it.
Sorry but I do not understand. I will get 5.1 sound on this adapter or do I have to return it to the store?
Which adapter will you recommend DP - HDMI 2.0 60Hz?
Yeah, seems like that. I carefully wanted to tell you, that 44.1 2 channels works ... the rest does not. Therefore return the adapter. For the second question, please ask in our hw forum I don't have a nanswer to that.
Ok. Thank You for your help
Hello fritsch

I did some more tests. I noticed that the multi-channel sound works on this adapter if I turn it on first.
1. If you turn on the computer and immediately turn on the movie, it works multichannel sound and the stereo sound stops (kodi, vevo, youtube interface)
2. If you turn on stereo sound first, multichannel sound stops working.

I wrote the Kodi hardware support forum and wrote back one person who told me that he has this adapter. He wrote to me that this adapter worked well with LibreELEC (played multichannel sound and there were no problems with it).

He told me to update the Firmware and that's what I'm going to do.

I checked this adapter on windows 10 and everything works fine.

Do you know what the problem may be?
Pages: 1 2